No announcement yet.

Job interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot Ryan you did great 5 years for a 4 year degree. With work and family took me 6 for a 2 year AA. School and work at the same time is tough but nobody said this life is easy and the education is absolutely worth the struggle.

Comment

It would've been a lot harder if I didn't have the GI Bill to help pay for school. It takes discipline but really takes a good work ethic and coffee. Resign yourself to a life of working and school which translates to what I do now, which is work and then work some more. I think is was General Patton that said if you're in pain, that's too bad. You may as well be in pain and accomplish something, you'll have plenty of rest when you die.

Comment

I apologize for the tardiness of this update, but I promised one. I ended up getting the job! Tomorrow is my first day and I'm feeling both excited and nervous about it. Thank you everyone for your input and advice!

Comment

Originally posted by miser330 View Post
          I apologize for the tardiness of this update, but I promised one. I ended up getting the job! Tomorrow is my first day and I'm feeling both excited and nervous about it. Thank you everyone for your input and advice!
          That's Wonderful..... Congrats....................

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

Great! Post again in a while and let us know how it's going.

Comment

Good luck. Just give it your best, I'm sure you'll do good. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

The job is going well and I am learning a lot. I am mostly building decks for rock crushing machines and I will soon be moved to another section of the shop!

Comment

Thanks for the update! You welding?

Comment

Glad for you young man, go to work and do your job and be good at it, don't make an excuse for not showing up at work ever, I was telling you in one of the previous post about a job interview, well after 41 years with a company they decided to close the office where I worked and wanted me to transfer, I said no I would take the package and leave, then they said you can work out of your house, Hello, been working out of my house for 15 years on the road as a salesman, the main office was so out of touch that they did not know that, they only looked at the good revenue that I brought them, the people I was out selling called me soon as they heard that we were closing this office and working this area from another 150 miles away, I went to work for them after a week of pay commitment to the company that I was working for and the next week on the new guys pay roll and took 100% of there business, had not a one customer say no, so be good at what you do, sometimes other are watching looking for good people.

Comment

Hello all! First of all I would like to thank each and everyone of you who replied and offered advice! The job was a good stepping stone for my career, however I quit at the end of August, 2017. The reason I quit was to pursue a better welding education at Ferris State University. Overall, the job taught me more than I thought it ever would have. As well as working along side honest, hard working people I realized that a college education will be worth it. As I mentioned I am currently enrolled at Ferris State for welding. I very much so enjoy the program and all it has to offer! Just a quick update for anyone interested! I wish everyone the best of luck in your endeavours!

Comment

Working...
                        X