Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xryan
    replied
    The "old school" and just about any other pipeline guys swear by the SA-200, but that's because they're only running stick. I'll take my Dynasty any day of the week, but then again I'm not a one trick pony and I'd rather have a lot more options and actual usable AC power on an engine drive..

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Ya, sounds about right.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Those old pure DC welding generators not only have awesome arc quality, which is especially helpful in out-of-position pipe work, but they are bulletproof machines. The modern inverters and choppers have great arcs, too, and lots of computer controls to make it all happen. God help you when it breaks.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I understand from guys in my area that pipeliners like the old Lincoln SA200s, but I'll never know why. I'm not a pipeliner. Old school tradition maybe? Doesn't really matter.

Leave a comment:

• Metjunkie
    replied
    For all we know, The OP could be the CEO of lincoln electric. Wouldn't surprise me.

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    Originally posted by Helios View Post

Funny how some people just love to come onto Miller threads to say how Lincoln is so much better
    "Annoying" is more like it. Oh well, what can you do, it's the age of the internet. All you can do is ban them.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
    So Mr Customizer. Are you Francis J or Auto Tech? And I do know the answer...Bob
    Trolls are losers whose punishment is the self infllicted loneliiness & misery that is their only companion......

pretty sad altogether..........

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Olivero View Post

I see Millers way more than I do Lincolns. In clearwater I have seen them on trucks, construction sites, my shop, another 2 company shops and I have come across one lincoln on a truck in the field and another 2 lincolns at another one of our shops.
    Its different here in NE Ohio over the last 3 years or so with all of the pipeline work. I bet I saw 200 Lincolns and 3 Millers in trucks. Now service trucks where they are setting up on the side of a bed its almost all Millers. Like a RR truck or a sign company. Now rentals in the field at the refinery I worked in was all Millers but that was what the local rental place had on hand. So its whatever you like and want to buy...Bob

Leave a comment:

• Olivero
    replied
    Lol...

It's really a pointless argument, if the machine works for you, use it.

I have Millers at work so I got hooked on Miller there (like really hooked), had it been Lincoln at work, it might have been different.

I see Millers way more than I do Lincolns. In clearwater I have seen them on trucks, construction sites, my shop, another 2 company shops and I have come across one lincoln on a truck in the field and another 2 lincolns at another one of our shops.

I really just like Miller because it has yet to fail on me, I don't use a Lincoln to put it to the test but I found a brand that seems to never go down so I am happy with that, I stick to that.

Don't know if they are really all that different, no need to get into a fight over it, weld with what you have and buy what you want.

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    I'm gonna go over to the Lincoln forum and tell all those guys how much I prefer Miller machines because Miller machines are awesome and how the miller people are so much nicer and helpful-er and how my dad can beat up their dad and all that stuff....
    Funny how some people just love to come onto Miller threads to say how Lincoln is so much better and all the cool kids use Lincoln, and you'll never get a pipeline job with a Blue mocheen, blah blah blah, – yet you almost never see Miller guys go onto Lincoln threads to take a dump on Lincoln. They just go to work.

Kinda makes you think of a ragged-out 50-year-old Volkswagen Beetle plastered with bumper stickers of kids taking a pee on Corvettes...while the Corvettes pass them on their way to work, oblivious...who cares?

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    I'm gonna go over to the Lincoln forum and tell all those guys how much I prefer Miller machines because Miller machines are awesome and how the miller people are so much nicer and helpful-er and how my dad can beat up their dad and all that stuff....
    The Lincoln Forum will be online April 1st. Yeah it won't...Bob

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Metjunkie View Post
    Well, fellas, I have 3 Miller machines and when I bought them , I NEVER even considered another brand before buying.Hey Bob, will your detective skills qualify you for Super Moderator?
    Maybe I will get bar #3 under my name . I have worked in shops for the last 40 years. 99.9% of them used Miller for the Migs and Lincoln for the Stick/Tig welders. Seems its still that way...Bob

Leave a comment:

• Metjunkie
    replied
    Well, fellas, I have 3 Miller machines and when I bought them , I NEVER even considered another brand before buying. At all the manufacturing plants I worked at, every one of them had nothing but Miller welders and most had Hypertherm plaz machines, which is why I have both those brands in my garage. And I don't understand why anyone would be on a Miller forum and lament their perceived shortcomings over other brands. Like others have said, buy what you think you'll be happy with and be done with it. Hey Bob, will your detective skills qualify you for Super Moderator?

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    It's odd how all those users seem to share some personality traits .. :-)

thanks, Bob.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X