Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4943 TIG filler Article

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 4943 TIG filler Article

    Here is a recent article on 4943 TIG Filler

    http://www.fabricatingandmetalworkin...lsion-systems/

    .

    *******************************************
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

    My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

  • #2
    Good write up for anyone not yet familiar with this filler
    Richard
    West coast of Florida

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree, and I am one of those not yet familiar with this rod. Thanks to this forum I was recently made aware of this rod and ordered 10 lbs. of it, still waiting for delivery. Apparently the Prax-Air store I deal with doesn't know much about it either. That article was very good. Thanks H80N

      Comment


      • #4
        Galen was kind enough to forward the link to me..............
        .

        *******************************************
        The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

        “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

        Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

        My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

        TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

        Comment


        • #5
          Gotta love that Galen guy.
          if there's a welder, there's a way

          Comment


          • #6
            We use the crap out of it on about half of our work
            It really does anything we use 4043 for, better.
            In fact we haven't bought any 4043 for over 2 years.......we have very little use, if any, for it.

            www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

            Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
            Miller WC-115-A
            Miller Spectrum 300
            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

            Comment


            • #7
              I'd like to try some just for giggles, but probably +95% of my aluminum welding requires 5356, the other 5% is a toss up of other misc alloy fillers. No one around me stocks any and 10 lbs of 4943 would probably last me longer than it would oxidize to powder.
              Ryan
              __________________________________________________
              DYNASTY 350 w/Wireless pedal
              COOLMATE 3.5
              CK WF1
              MILLERMATIC 350P w/Bernard BTB300 w/XR-A Python 25'
              MULTIMATIC 200 w/Spoolmate 100 w/TIG w/Wireless pedal
              SPECTRUM 375 X-Treme
              (2) DIGITAL ELITE helmets
              Weld-Mask goggles/hood
              OPTREL e684 helmet
              SMITH torches
              HARRIS torches

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Olivero View Post
                Gotta love that Galen guy.
                Who is the "Galen guy"?
                Richard
                West coast of Florida

                Comment


                • #9
                  He's the Hobart aluminum guru.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yup, Hobart aluminum guru, got an aluminum alloy you need to join, he'll get you the right stuff in a heartbeat.
                    if there's a welder, there's a way

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by xryan View Post
                      I'd like to try some just for giggles, but probably +95% of my aluminum welding requires 5356, the other 5% is a toss up of other misc alloy fillers. No one around me stocks any and 10 lbs of 4943 would probably last me longer than it would oxidize to powder.
                      sent you a PM................
                      .

                      *******************************************
                      The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

                      “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

                      Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

                      My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                      Millermatic 200

                      TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeah my rod finally came in, and wouldn't you know it, just finished an aluminum job last week. We'll have another one soon enough.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                          He's the Hobart aluminum guru.
                          Is this him?

                          Links to a PDF file
                          Richard
                          West coast of Florida

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post

                            Is this him?

                            Links to a PDF file
                            You might want to download the whole MAXAL/HOBART Aluminum Guidebook

                            http://maxal.com/files/QuickSiteImag...g_9-12_doc.pdf

                            .

                            *******************************************
                            The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

                            “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

                            Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

                            My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                            Millermatic 200

                            TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X