• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Stang
    replied
    Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
    Exactly how thick is it? (the top)
    The Fab Block I got has a 1/4 inch thick top and sides.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    This small one I got is 3/16". I didn't look, but I'd image the larger ones are thicker.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Exactly how thick is it? (the top)

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    The fab blocks looks pretty cool. Probably more rigid than the table top too. It goes together nicely. The metal comes with a thin coat of oil on it. I ended up using brake cleaner then acetone to clean the joints. I wish I had cleaned them before I put it together.

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Got this little fixture table in, got it set up and ready to weld. It's small, 3'x4', but I have a small shop. Anyone else have one of these?
    I just got something like it for Christmas. I got the 2x3 Fab Block. Set it up today, going to start welding it tomorrow. I like that the fab block is extendable. Now I just have to find the tooling for it.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Got the table built. It wasn't hard, just a little time consuming. I wouldn't call it certifiably flat, but it's not bad. Certainly tab and slot though. I might paint the under side or get it powder coated. I don't know if I'm even gonna keep it yet.

I think I'd like it better if it was about twice as thick. I'd pay for that option.

Leave a comment:

• des537
    replied
    I have one, custom 30" X 48" X 34.5" high fits my small space, had the bottom rail dropped down to just above the casters and put a shelf over them also put a shelf 6" under the top to catch drop thru's and keep sparks and other crap off the things that are on the bottom shelf. Also picked up the fixture point TBK1-28 kit from Weldingsupply.com and worth every penny ! The Table Is very flat (not perfect) but very close enough, and the fixture kit is extremely handy and well made for the price ! Shoulda got one of these set ups a long time ago !!!

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Oh man, I can't wait to find that spare time so I can make them doohickies.

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    Most companies that sell those tables get you coming and going. charging a small fortune for the dohickies that make a fixture table functional. It will just give you lots of small projects making clamps, brackets, v-blocks, hold downs, stops, fences, supports, spacers and those things that slip in. Best of all you can make them in your spare time so you don't get bored.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Sitting here in my office tonight sketching up my fixture plan...If I were to buy all the clamps and such that actually just slip in, I'd spend three times what I paid for the table! So I'm on to plan B...or C...can't remember now. Probably use some angle and drill some holes in it then just bolt the pieces to the table since I need to make a bunch of these fence panels. Once I get them all tacked up, I'll change it up for the next stage. I wish I had room for a bigger one of these, but you just gotta run what you brung. Most likely end up making my own clamps....plus that gives me a lathe project to turn down some round stock for the part that slips in...whatever you call that doofloppy...

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    Nice photo Ryan, couldn't you get that picture any smaller! Those fixture tables can be real time savers. I'm sure you'll get your monies worth out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Forced_Firebird
    replied
    They have videos all over YouTube lol. I don't document my own work much. I have no idea how some of these fabricators have time to post so many pics and get work done. I come into the office PC when having a coffee/lunch break and skim the internet. Instagram makes it easy since you can just post right from the phone in a second.

I just saw one of these tho other day and have my eye on one. I like the design of the FabBlock better than the table, but looked at that one as well. Calculated up the cost of having the table top cut up locally, and it's cheaper (even with the crazy shipping prices) to buy theirs.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    yup, thats it! You can come over and photo-document my table top build then post it for me too...its driving me crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Forced_Firebird
    replied
    Oh, you can also do this with a pic from anywhere on the internet, so long as the pic is the only thing on the page. Just put [IMG]...[/IMG] before/after the http: like so (go to Goolge images, view image, then copy that url):

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/07...g?v=1449455037

Put like this (without spaces near the brackets):

[IMG ]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0783/2013/products/pro-table-kit-3-x4-large-heavy-duty-welding-table-top-kit-certiflat-by-tab-slot-u-weld-1_2048x2048.jpeg?v=1449455037[ /IMG]

Than it turns into THIS!

Leave a comment:

• Forced_Firebird
    replied
    ^^^yes, photobucket, flickr etc make nice large pics, but in old threads that have good information, it always is a disappointment when someone has removed the pics. That's when site uploads are nice, but the pics for this forum have to be abnormally small.

Also, if you click on the little chain link icon on the photobucket pic (or click "get links"), it will give a list of links. Choose the one with [IMG][/IMG] and place it right in your replay and it will auto fill with the pic. In Text it will look like this:

[ URL=http://s448.photobucket.com/user/Forced_Firebird/media/Miller%20Welder/miller001.jpg.html ][ IMG ]http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq202/Forced_Firebird/Miller%20Welder/miller001.jpg [ /IMG ][ /URL ]

but without spaces near the brackets. When copied/pasted here, it looks like the pic, auto resized for the form.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X