No announcement yet.

problems with Syncrowave 180SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My problem right from the start was that no one would communicate with me. All I wanted was someone to answer my questions, and to deal with my welder repair concerns. The answers that the repair facility gave me were ridicules. (It sounded like they were making them up as they went along) I had contacted seven different people about helping with my concerns, but no one wanted to take the initiative to help. I don't know how things work in the USA but here in Canada I have been told that the dealers have no control on warrantee issues, I was told that if I wanted anything done I had to convince the General Manager, All decisions had to go through him, and I was told that he had no intention of helping.
    This was a very simple solution, all I wanted was for someone to talk to me and deal with the repair facility. There is definitely a communication problem that needs to be dealt with. My local dealer is taking care of my concerns and has guaranteed that he will take care of the problems personally. It is too early to tell exactly what will happen but I trust that my local dealer will solve the problems, whatever is required.

Comment

Well, so it seems the problem isn't really fixed yet. It has taken a big step in the right direction, but I really want to find out what happened to the welder.

Comment

and the moral of the storry is that Miller will take care of you even if your local dealer wont.
        and as ANDY said this forem is not the place to deal with it, but there are people here to help you rech the right people(phone #'s and names) and help you if it is tecneak or a simple fix.

glad all worked out well
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by own6volvos
          Well, so it seems the problem isn't really fixed yet. It has taken a big step in the right direction, but I really want to find out what happened to the welder.
          I also would like to know what was wrong with it.

I think it is premature to be congratulating Miller for its crackerjack service until we see how this story ends....the story so far is tragic at best.

Considering the MAJOR hassle this customer has endured, I consider the MINIMUM that Miller should do is to repair the welder free of charge. Considering it is under warranty, this customer could have easily sued for time spent (or should I say time wasted) and loss of service.

While I understand that Miller would rather not have a situation like this played out on their support board, they also need to realize that having it here allows them an opportunity to address the problem. If this discussion had occurred on another site, they would have likely not known about it except for the lack of sales from readers who were aware of the terrible service the paying customer has received.

I look forward to reading the ending chapter of this Miller mystery...

TMT

Comment

TMT
            It's not a mystery. He is being offered a new unit. Apparently there isn't a service agency there that knows what they are doing. AND we HAVE tried to fix the unit free of charge AND had a rep try to weld with it so don't go trying to dig up more crap. The machine will be fixed and resold and NO you propabaly won't ever find out what's wrong with it so don't bother to keep asking. It's not that we are trying to keep "Area 51" secret, it's just not for public publication. We still need to find out if anything is wrong with it. Despite the fact you own a similar unit, doesn't entitle you to have all the proprietory information regarding anybody else's repairs or what will eventually happen to this unit.

Is it just me TMT or do you live to try to peel apart MILLER. Are you still pissed about the pulser thing? I never saw a reply from you to my costs of inverter welder repair either. Did those figures satisfy you?

Andy

Comment

TMT / Andy

I own a 180SD, love it, glad I bought it, and I know in my heart if something goes wrong it will be fixed. I also know if there is an issue found with Darcyb's unit, it may result in a service upgrade which will make mine unit (and all others) even better. I don't feel it is any of my business what is wrong with his machine, mine works just fine.

I appreciate the effort Miller makes for all of us, even when we don't know it.
              Thanks -- Kelly

Trailblazer 302
              Millermatic 251
              Millermatic Passport
              Syncrowave 180SD

Red 120V Mig
              HT600 Plasma Cutter
              Victor Journeyman O/A
              Loving Wife

Comment

Kelly,

Chances are it's just a vendor part failure or intermittent connection... Who knows. The Sync 180 has a very low warranty rate and is a solid unit in our line.

A-

Comment

I can tell you exactly what the problem was, It was poor communication.
                  Your right Andy, I forgot there was a rep that came to weld with this machine. This was after I got it back from the repair shop the first time. The post-flow didn't work at all when it was set at 5 seconds, but did work when you turned it up. The rep complained to me that the pedal didn't work all the time (which I hadn't even noticed until then) I showed him how the hour meter and cycle timer did not work. The machine did everything that I was complaining about within 10 minutes of welding except shut off the gas while we were welding (which you had to weld about an hour to get it to act up) He explained to me that he was only a sales rep and that he would have to discuss these problems with his repair personnel, And to this day I have never heard from him again.
                  My biggest problem is that I am a very quiet and very patent person, And I would always wait a month for some one to get back to me because I thought they were busy and I didn't want to bother them, so I was always pushed to the bottom of the list until they forgot about me. I did meet with the Miller general manager in person, and we discussed the problems and what the repair shop was going to do with the welder. But when the repair shop called me to tell me that the welder was ready, and they had not done what we had agreed that they would do, and the answers they did give me were completely ridicules. This is where I got stubborn and refused to pick up the welder until it was repaired, or at least some one would convince me that all the problems were taken care of, but no one would. Miller had already told me that if it still didn't work after this they would replace it. A NEW welder was not the issue! This is where the problems started, No one would answer any of my questions or talk to the repair depot. I finally got to the point where I was so angry I didn't even remember exactly what I was mad about. Miller is replacing this welder, But the real problem was poor communication on my part and there's, and that no one would take the initiative to take care of the real problem.

Comment

AMEN-

Let's hope it all works for you from now on.

Good luck

Andy

Comment

I received the new welder yesterday but no torch, pedal, or regulator, They were going to check to see what happened to them. I cant wait to try it to see how it works. I'm looking forward to some trouble free welding. I guess if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any. Oh well it will all work out soon. Thanks again.

Comment

BTW Darcyb,
                        I owe you an apology for the comments I made a while back questioning your ability to weld, what I should be doing is praising your patience! Good luck with your new welder.

Jim
                        MM210
                        HH140
                        Maxstar 150STH
                        Dream it list:
                        Blue Plasma cutter
                        Spool gun

Comment

Funny .... funny how TMT is NOwhere to be found when something like this ends nicely. He is quick to shoot off his mouth but never to say anything positive like when a problem is fixed. I am sure he will have some excuse..

btw .. very nice of you to post what you said jw36....
                          MM210 w/3035
                          Next up - Sync 200

Comment

Darcyb, please let us know when you are up and welding. there shure are alot of people watching this thread. good luck with your new welder.

Comment

jw36 There is definitely no need for any apology's, I wanted everyone's opinion, good or bad. And If I was out of line with my complaints, I would hope that you would of told me.
                              I took a new job a couple of months ago in a large welding shop where I get to tig weld all day long. I took a $4/hr drop in pay just so that I could learn to tig weld better. I have 16 years experience welding, but tig welding still takes lots of practice.
                              The new welder showed up a couple of days ago, and the torch, pedal, and regulator arrived yesterday. I was very surprised to see that Miller sent me a heavy-duty foot pedal, a flow meter, and a small assortment of tungsten's,cups,collets & collet bodies, and back caps. A very nice surprise!
                              I am ready to weld with the new welder, But I am making a deal to trade up to the Dynasty DX. If I'm going to upgrade, now's the time. I am also making a deal on a Miller 251 mig, You really cant have one with out the other. My old Canox (also made by Miller I think?) died almost a year ago, so it was time for a mig also. I should be able to get back to welding on my drag car next week.

I really don't know who to thank at Miller, But I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that helped.

Comment

Darcy ..

Really glad to hear it all came out fine and great to hear Miller tossed in some extra stuff. Also congrats on the new job and hope that goes well for you. Let us know what you think of your upgrade and additions.
                                MM210 w/3035
                                Next up - Sync 200

Comment

Working...
                                X