Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DATEC
    replied
    After reading this I'm glad you got it back, but if you need warranty service again or any service for that matter how you going to get it without a serial number?

I'm kinda lost as to who to be pissed at but I'm sure ​​​​I would be pissed at somebody and that somebody would not soon forget me. What an ordeal.

Leave a comment:

• Tinker Joe 2
    replied
    Fellows we all have been there with something we have bought and had problems with the item, either return, repair of replace was the options, I am sure not the fellow who buys if on Friday do the work and return it Monday to tell the lie that it did not work and borrow I will never do, so now I have the item, when something goes wrong and I did not abuse or miss use (don't loan out) go back where you got it to seek options, I won't lie about what the item did or does not do now and expect the person to also be responsible with some options, this is where the true business professional comes out, we can get an item anywhere but where will you get that low end item serviced, knowing all of this made the choice of Hypertherm, said they had service after the sale, well the service in the beginning was to, I think for some to get my machine for self use or resale, which Hypertherm was not aware of because they we never contacted by Air Gas, until I got Jim's name on this page there was not much progress at Hypertherm but Jim gave the District Manager for this area and he is a cross between a pit bull and a Drill Sargent that I had in the Army, I produced proof I what was going on and with in only a few days it was a done deal, they young man that is there service rep. is a honest and a super mind for electrical things, I will get his permission to post contact info. here, it is still better to say to someone I need help rather than beat on the counter and raise one's voice we are more willing to help those who wants help, I get of 24 hour call Monday and hope to play a little, got it to enjoy after retirement and these long days and up many times through the night is going to make it happen, getting tired of that.

Leave a comment:

• xryan
    replied
    Almost makes you wish Hypertherm maker welders too, huh?

Anyway, I only have my little Miller X-treme because someone owed me money. But it is for sale as I could now use something bigger. Guess what brand it will be...

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    I don't own a Hypertherm, but from what I have seen of Jim Colt, they are a great company, and if I needed a plasma cutter, they would be my first choice..

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I agree with Wayne...you have a very high tolerance for the runaround amigo.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
    You're a patient man, Joe! Glad Hypertherm was able to get the repair back on track for you, and that you finally got your machine back. What a pain! But, as long as it took, it's nice to know Hypertherm's willingness to stand behind both their product and service organization.
    So glad Jim Colt intervened.... and Joe has his machine back....and fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    You're a patient man, Joe! Glad Hypertherm was able to get the repair back on track for you, and that you finally got your machine back. What a pain! But, as long as it took, it's nice to know Hypertherm's willingness to stand behind both their product and service organization.
    Last edited by Aeronca41; 05-13-2017, 03:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tinker Joe 2
    replied
    Finally got my Hypertherm 45 back, I had purchased it at Air Gas they were the ones who told me to go to this supposed warranty dealer, he was not come to find out and yes one of them removed the serial numbers by someone, talked with Jim Colt he referred to someone there he called me, sent info. that I had that Air Gas said they could not find ???????? they then referred me to a real warranty dealer in Hammond La. and they contacted the Air Gas big wheels, they had to ship the machine to him, pay the shipping and guess pay the fellow that had it in hock for $300.00 Dollars and got it back today, only cut a 6" diameter 1/4" plate so looking forward to playing again, they we not very nice at Air Gas in Sulphur La. but after they way that the other Air Gas people handled it will stay with them but do business at another store, been renting and buying from them for 46 years and was ready to change, two years in the shop 2 printed boards maybe the 3 rd. is the good one, thanks Hypertherm and Air Gas for the help.
    Last edited by Tinker Joe 2; 05-12-2017, 08:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccawgc
    replied
    serial number and rating plate is a sticker on the bottom of the case. If the unit is dragged off shelving or across stuff if could damage the sticker. The repair shop records should have the serial number from the first repair.
    Check any and all paper work you have on the 45. sales receipt and repair docs. shipping box and inserts.
    A lot of stores are required to put the serial number on the receipt.
    More than once I have had to go to my records to get the complete serial number on a machine That came in a second time (year or two later) with a few numbers not readable.
    warranties can be strange, with repair parts one time frame and machine another. But most machine warranties cover repair parts installed under machine warranty for the balance of the machine warranty.
    Have to check with the machine manufacture.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Any progress....??

Leave a comment:

• Tinker Joe 2
    replied
    I called Jim Clot last week but sure he has a lot going to and maybe telephone was not the method to do so I will email him Monday 16th. with the reputable deal name and personal that and the supposed warranty dealer it was sent to the second time, don't need to hear my side there's should be much more impressive than the buyer, Joe

Leave a comment:

• DATEC
    replied
    I agree expose the dealer and all involved, it could greatly help someone else from making the same mistake.

Leave a comment:

• DATEC
    replied
    I have been watching this also. H80N is right something sure does smell fishy. I would have gone bat [email protected]#t crazy on someone if that happened to me. Does the owners manual or packet that came with it have a serial # attached somewhere, I never looked at mine but alot of the owners manual packets have a sticker with the # printed on it.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by griff01 View Post

Your place of purchase may be able to provide the serial number from their sales records. I know my LWS has everything I have purchased for the last twenty years on their computer.

HTH
    Griff
    Joe

You have been more than patient....

I would get Jim Colt on their tail to get this righted....

something very fishy going on at the dealer..... that is not only bad for you...

it unfairly frames Hypertherm customer service as being incompetent or worse...

Who is the dealer anyhow........................??????????

Leave a comment:

• griff01
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinker Joe 2 View Post
    Thanks fellow to the comments and encouragement, I did call the place where the unit was bought left the salesman a voice mail stating that January 2 will be cut off date with excuses and will contact Hypertherm to deal with this shady dealing that I am going through and I did contact Jim Colt and he responded to the email quickly so that says a lot about him already, I am not able to get to the machine it is at the place where they told me was a warranty dealer so with no serial number on the machine and cannot get the number off the main board, I am screwed again but feel better about what was said about Jim, so let's enjoy our holidays, don't want to put stress or strain on anyone at this time, let's get through the Christmas and start January 2017 in right way, enjoy you family and friends and pick a family that you know needs help and be generous, the look on a young couple's face with children when you finically help them, is a wonderful feeling, try it, thanks all, Joe
    Your place of purchase may be able to provide the serial number from their sales records. I know my LWS has everything I have purchased for the last twenty years on their computer.

HTH
    Griff

Leave a comment:

Working...
X