Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to welding and just got accepted into a mig welding class.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its okay, don't worry about me and Ryan. He is just upset my helmet is cooler than his......
    if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

ADVICE: wear cotton underwear next to your skin.... NO polyester....
      Hot slag will melt synthetics to your skin.....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
        ADVICE: wear cotton underwear next to your skin.... NO polyester....
        Hot slag will melt synthetics to your skin.....
        No kidding? Wow, never had that problem.... One time I was welding brass, sitting with my legs apart at the table, table was maybe 4 inches above my knees, I am welding stainless to brass and the brass does its lovely popping and 2 pieces fly and land right in my crotch, burned 2 holes in my pants but never made it so far that It burned my underwear.... That's gotta be scary.

Comment

Not supposed to wear synthetic stuff under my gear at work. But I say if my boys are getting shrink wrapped by my underwear getting too hot, I have bigger problems. <br />
          <br />
          But if you haven't had spatter singe a hole right through your britches into the nether regions, you just haven't lived. And that spatter will go right through your expensive, stretchy anti-chaffing underwear and that will make you sad.

Comment

Haha, quite a way to live, I'll tell you that. I am sure it will happen one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Olivero View Post
              Haha, quite a way to live, I'll tell you that. I am sure it will happen one day.
              And when it does be sure to post the video on Youtube. It could start a new dance craze. That gangnum guy made a fortune, you might never have to work again.
              ---Meltedmetal
              ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                Not supposed to wear synthetic stuff under my gear at work. But I say if my boys are getting shrink wrapped by my underwear getting too hot, I have bigger problems. <br />
                <br />
                But if you haven't had spatter singe a hole right through your britches into the nether regions, you just haven't lived. And that spatter will go right through your expensive, stretchy anti-chaffing underwear and that will make you sad.
                have had that dubious honor... many times.....

COTTON... or NOMEX will help keep the happy parts.... happy...........

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by Meltedmetal View Post

And when it does be sure to post the video on Youtube. It could start a new dance craze. That gangnum guy made a fortune, you might never have to work again.
                  ---Meltedmetal
                  Lol, fantastic idea!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                    <br />
                    poly clothing and sparks don't mix. Funny this came up as no lie I did this today. I was only going make one quick weld so I didn't put on any "protection"

Its amazing how fast those work pants will burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostone View Post

poly clothing and sparks don't mix. Funny this came up as no lie I did this today. I was only going make one quick weld so I didn't put on any "protection"

Its amazing how fast those work pants will burn.
                      OUCH..!!!!

precisely why I made my "COTTON" comment

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

Note to self, cotton is king, except when hiking in the winter, then cotton kills.

Too many things to remember!

Comment

Working...
                        X