No announcement yet.

Blue Demon flux core wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered a 11# roll of .030 for $23. I was going to get a 2# to try but that alone was $13

they have a 33# roll of .063 flux core for $14 on Amazon. How is that even possible?

Comment

Holy smokes...that's cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
        Holy smokes...that's cheap!
        It's nuts.

Its actually 13.18

Comment

Amazon does have some crazy pricing! I was pissed when I saw some speakers that I was eye'ing had dropped from $599 down to $400 for one day in December. During a week that I worked crazy long hours, so I missed it! Ugh!. Look at them, they're beautiful....

HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
          HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
          HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
          HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
          HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
          HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Originally posted by Lostone View Post
            on Amazon. How is that even possible?
            Amazon doesn't own the wire they are just the broker and the shipper. Someone bought some container filled wire and are taking a bath on it. My daughter sells on Amazon. She ships the stuff to them, they package, advertise, sell, collect the money and ship and send her $$$ at the end. Like selling Miller Welder parts at Walmart.com. Miller owns the parts and ships them to Walmart and they get a cut.
            https://www.walmart.com/ip/MILLER-EL...-Pk10/40915929 Same price as the Miller dealer but you don't need to leave the couch.

..Bob
            Last edited by aametalmaster; 12-26-2016, 06:26 AM.
            Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
              Same price as the Miller dealer but you don't need to leave the couch.

..Bob
              if I'm ordering from the web and have to pay the same price as I can walk next door to AirGas and pay shipping the **** with Walmart

But I get your point. Thing with the wire is the shipping on a 33# spool has got to be more then $13.

Comment

But I get your point. Thing with the wire is the shipping on a 33# spool has got to be more then $13.

Flat rate USPS shipping. I can ship 75# of machined parts across the country for like $16...Bob
                Bob Wright

Comment

Flat rate USPS shipping. I can ship 75# of machined parts across the country for like $16...Bob
                  Tell me about it. I custom mix lead alloys for bullet casting as a little side gig. I routinely put the 70 pound limit in those flat rate padded envelopes and mail them anywhere for $6.10 using my commercial rate. I am very friendly with my mail guy but I'm sure he hates me nevertheless on shipping day.

Comment

Ah ha...one of them second amendment guys....

Comment

I thought everyone from TX was one of those guys..

I kind of fell into it. I have made decoy weights for quite some time. There not much demand for them but a few months a year. You can shoot year round.

Comment

Nope 2 of US. I made bullets for years and years when I was younger. Then my daughter was born (1987) and a few years later tested + for lead poisoning and the DR. couldn't figure why her levels of exposure was so high. Yup my fault making bullets in the basement. I know better now.So I sold all of my stuff and got into reloading. Then it sat for 20 years while I ran around the country working and now I am loading again. Well playing with sewing machines now. Going to make holsters ...Bob
                        Bob Wright

Comment

I thought everyone from TX was one of those guys..

I kind of fell into it. I have made decoy weights for quite some time. There not much demand for them but a few months a year. You can shoot year round.

Then you get a TV show for the rest of the year. Just sit around and chew the fat on TV while someone else makes the real parts ...Bob
                          Bob Wright

Comment

Nope 2 of US. I made bullets for years and years when I was younger. Then my daughter was born (1987) and a few years later tested + for lead poisoning and the DR. couldn't figure why her levels of exposure was so high. Yup my fault making bullets in the basement. I know better now.So I sold all of my stuff and got into reloading. Then it sat for 20 years while I ran around the country working and now I am loading again. Well playing with sewing machines now. Going to make holsters ...Bob
                            I reload also. I got into it thinking that I would save some money. Didn't happen. Probably cost me untold more money. Just started shooting way, way more.

I don't cast many myself anymore. To be honest by the time you fiqure in alloy cost and time, it's cheaper to just buy bullets from Berry's or Xtreme. Most of the people I sell alloy to are cowboy action shooter who are trying to be 100% authentic or hobbyist who soon realize it's cheaper to buy. I still cast my own for all my black powder and 45-70's but I have enough stocked for thousands of rounds now.

I fiqure ill I'll hold on to my equipment though. If the world ever comes to an end, it will be a hot commodity.

Comment

I made few leather holsters, but I've hand sewn them. Used to drill the holes for the stitches on a mini drill press, but now prefer to use a hand punch. Looks like a miniature pitch fork. First holster I made was in the mid 90s, for an HK USP .40. It was a friend's. I've only made them for myself or friends because I'd either need the gun or a dummy of the gun to make it. And since I don't happen to have a full stock of plastic guns laying around, I wrap the gun in plastic wrap and it works pretty well. <br />
                              <br />
                              If you're gonna make holsters Bob, I'm interested in a few.

Comment

Went from welding wire to reloading ammo... lmao! I am also from Texas and one of "those guys"

Comment

Working...
                                X