what color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what color

do they use for argon tanks these days? its some shade of green-blue.

anyone know?
    Lincoln SP170T
    ESAB 875 Plasma
    Smith oxy set
    Dynasty 200DX
    pulsed mig is next...

Long Island Cummins Ram Owners Club

Irish Green

Comment

It can depend on location among other things. In East TN the Argon tanks are typically brown and the C-25 tanks are maroon. Helium tanks are orange and UHP Helium tanks are white.

I used some C-25 tanks in Charlotte, NC last week that were the Irish green color.

Comment

The dealer I bought my C-25 and 90/10 from has all his 125 CuFt tanks an Irish or dark green. He just slaps the appropriate label on when it's filled. I have seen every color of the rainbow just as for O2 and Acetylene.

Comment

tank colors

up here in massachussets There is no color code to tanks you always have to read the label for contents,ive seen argon tanks ,silver ,black grey,green,

Comment

No "color code" around here. The last 2 I bought were brand new and painted machinery gray from the bottle manufacturer - C-25 in one and Argon in the other. I've had acetylene tanks in red, blue, green, black and yellow. The only place I know for sure that has a color code is the military.

Hank
            ...from the Gadget Garage
            Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
            Handler 210 w/DP3035
            TA185TSW
            Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

In PA, Airgas uses Maroon for Argon, and a Mustard color for C25.
              Lincoln Precision TIG 375
              Lincoln Power MIG 255
              Lincoln Pro Cut 80
              Miller Elite Red Flame

Comment

I saw some Maroon ones and a batch of black ones last night at work. I thought the N2 were always black, so i had to stop and look at the labels...Bob
                Bob Wright

Comment

Different suppliers use a different color code system, I use Airgas and mine is maroon for argon and mustard-gold for C25.

Contact your local supplier and always read labels before attaching a regulator.

Comment

I've seen many different color tanks, they are not always Green in my area either. However there is always a tag with a green symbol, and the mixture written on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X