Coolest cord end ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolest cord end ever!

An electrician turned me on to these a few years ago and I thought this would be a great place to share this product. It is a locking cord end. I'm sure you have all tied your grinder cord to the extension cord because it kept pulling out while you were working. With this cord end you'll never tie another cord up.They are a little pricey but I feel they are worth every penny. From the mfg. they are around $20, They also sell completed cords so the is no need to retrofit. I found a vendor here in California that sells the cord ends to me for $14 and change. I've installed them on every extension cord the company has. Hope you all find this helpful.

Not bad. Pretty darn simple mechanism for utilizing the small holes already on straight prong'ed 15A 110V plugs.

HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
    HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
    HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Looks great for our shop
      Thanks!!!

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
      Miller WC-115-A
      Miller Spectrum 300
      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

is it different than the nema L5-15/L5-20 for ends?
        MillerMatic 251
        Maxstar 150 STH
        Cutmaster 42
        Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

Yes, it's not an "L" locking connector. It locks onto normal NEMA 5-15 plugs. The video OscarJr posted was a very annoying commercial that told me nothing about it (not his fault), but it had a link to this one which does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CzGFI_g-oU, and you can pretty much start at 0:25 and only watch a minute of it.
          Last edited by MAC702; 12-12-2016, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
            ...The video OscarJr posted was a very annoying commercial that told me nothing about it (not his fault),..
            Man, I glad I'm not the only one. I wouldn't buy it alone just because the video was so uninformative and didn't show how it's disconnected or works. Plus it looks like it was produced as a high school project in 1983

Comment

We used to solve that problem by doubling over the cords and trying a loose knot or just get twist locks.

Still a cool looking for compatible straight plug and not really that expensive.
              Millermatic Pulser
              Dynasty 200DX
              Spectrum 625
              Multimatic 215

Comment

I also have tied many a knot in cords, this plug works really well and you don't have to modify your tools just plug and go, tug and your still connected.

Comment

It's the no modification that makes it a nice thing.
                  Millermatic Pulser
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Spectrum 625
                  Multimatic 215

Comment

Working...
                  X