Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broccoli1
    replied
    is the switch on the front set to the regular gun or did it get bumped and it's on the Spoolgun?

Leave a comment:

• dingospoon22
    replied
    I just checked the switch. It's good. At the board, with the switch on, the purple and white wires are showing 240. I didn't notice before, but when I pull the trigger I hear a relay click, then 2-3 seconds later I hear another click while keeping the trigger pulled. I'm starting to think the board is bad.

Thanks for the help guys. Any other suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    The power switch has been known to fail

have you measured power on both sides of the switch.... both legs...??

Leave a comment:

• dingospoon22
    replied
    This is the old 211. I have an arc welder that only runs on 240 I use the same plug for it and it works fine. I've checked the leads and verified that I do have 120 at each hot leg and 240 total. I've heard others having issues with their control board. I'm hoping it's not that.

Thanks for the replies.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    I agree ryanjones2150

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    You said your outlet has been tested and works properly, how did you test it? Could you find a different 240 socket to plug the welder into to verify? That would be the easiest, I suppose, so start there. <br />
    <br />
    Years ago, I had a 240 socket that appeared to be fine when I opened it up and looked at it. Black to hot, white to hot, green to ground....but I discovered later that day, after scratching my head and wondering why the welder seemed like it was only getting 115v, that it was wired WRONG on the other end. No idea why someone would do that, but I've heard of worse.

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Old MM211 or the new one?

Leave a comment:

• dingospoon22
    started a topic Millermatic 211 on 240V

Millermatic 211 on 240V

All,

I've been using my Millermatic 211 with no issues on small projects for quite a while on 110 volts. I recently wanted to start a project using 1/4" material. I have 240V plumbed in the garage. It's been tested and works properly. When I plug the welder in to 240, all I get is the click of a relay. No wire feed, arc, or anything else.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks.

Dave
Working...
X