Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Auger
    replied
    I like mine a lot runs better after the valve adjustment ,the blue stars are good machines I've used newer bobcats and hobart champions at work and seems like the arc is smoother on the bluestar .I also like the fact that it puts out ac current at 1800 rpm good for power at the house when it's out .The only issue I had was the ignition coil witch they don't make anymore so I made my own ignition .I even bought a spare engine just for parts just in case ,keep the oil level in check and a good air filter is key.I like the old cast iron engines there durable newer kohlers not so Mutch already rebuilt a few with low hrs broken valves etc .all the parts u changed were wear and tare items .Good luck with yours .D

Leave a comment:

• Racer16j
    replied
    Originally posted by D Auger View Post
    Awesome !!! Was it the auto idle on off switch ?Did you adjust the valves yet on it ? D
    I didn't adjust the valves yet I printed that book off already. The previous owner "rebuilt" the motor supposedly. I'll check on the valves. And yea it was the high idle switch. It was a 12v switch not the 20a 125vac it calls for. Switched it out and it works fine. How do you like you welder? Have you had any major problems with it?

Leave a comment:

• D Auger
    replied
    http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/...nformation.pdf

Leave a comment:

• D Auger
    replied
    Awesome !!! Was it the auto idle on off switch ?Did you adjust the valves yet on it ? D

Leave a comment:

• Racer16j
    replied
    Update.

Got it running like a champ. It was the switch. Went to the local hardware store and got the correct switch it calls for. Put it in and it's running like a charm. Smokes a bit for some reason. But it runs and welds. I got a tach/hour meter coming so I can officially set for the correct rpms for everything. Thanks all you guys for the help.

Leave a comment:

• Racer16j
    replied
    Ground comes from j on the board. But j on my board has 2 wires to j. One is ground other feeds over which is feeding the switch ground.
    Last edited by Racer16j; 02-15-2017, 09:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• D Auger
    replied
    This schematic is for how the card is made diodes etc ...? The other pic I showed pc1 witch shows the wiring to the card wire 33 on terminal J to ground

Leave a comment:

• D Auger
    replied
    I will have to check tomorrow Have to pull the panel back off lol .D

Leave a comment:

• Racer16j
    replied
    Originally posted by D Auger View Post
    Checked my board today mine also has A&E terminal empty ,did you end up getting the miller board or the weldmart?
    Hopefully someone will chime in on this soon that has more to trouble shoot this .D
    Also if your solid state coil dies on the oh160 and you don't want to pay 250$ for a used one on evilbay , I built mine with a chrysler ignition box and a abs sensor works good !
    does the ground coming from the high idle switch go straight to ground on yours or is it tied into the ground of the PC board?

Leave a comment:

• Racer16j
    replied
    I bought everything off Miller4less.com. looked everything up by the part number and ordered it. Just can't seem to figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• D Auger
    replied
    Checked my board today mine also has A&E terminal empty ,did you end up getting the miller board or the weldmart?
    Hopefully someone will chime in on this soon that has more to trouble shoot this .D
    Also if your solid state coil dies on the oh160 and you don't want to pay 250$ for a used one on evilbay , I built mine with a chrysler ignition box and a abs sensor works good !

Leave a comment:

• Racer16j
    replied
    Alright sounds like a plan. I'm just glad I got this thing running. Little smokey till it warms up but it's lights up. Thanks for the help by the way. Appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• D Auger
    replied
    I will check my machines board tomorrow see if we can figure this out .D

Leave a comment:

• Racer16j
    replied
    No not by that. There is also an "A" and "E" terminal on the board that are empty
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• D Auger
    replied
    Two terminals are empty ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X