No announcement yet.

Miller bluestar 2e ac dc parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's just an on off switch when it's in the off position it idles. It the on position it idles up. It's really starting to blow my mind. I'm positive all the wires are right to my schematics reading skills. But there is still two spots on the board that are not connected to anything.

Comment

Two terminals are empty ?

Comment

No not by that. There is also an "A" and "E" terminal on the board that are empty
        Attached Files

Comment

I will check my machines board tomorrow see if we can figure this out .D

Comment

Alright sounds like a plan. I'm just glad I got this thing running. Little smokey till it warms up but it's lights up. Thanks for the help by the way. Appreciate it.

Comment

Checked my board today mine also has A&E terminal empty ,did you end up getting the miller board or the weldmart?
              Hopefully someone will chime in on this soon that has more to trouble shoot this .D
              Also if your solid state coil dies on the oh160 and you don't want to pay 250$ for a used one on evilbay , I built mine with a chrysler ignition box and a abs sensor works good !

Comment

I bought everything off Miller4less.com. looked everything up by the part number and ordered it. Just can't seem to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by D Auger View Post
                  Checked my board today mine also has A&E terminal empty ,did you end up getting the miller board or the weldmart?
                  Hopefully someone will chime in on this soon that has more to trouble shoot this .D
                  Also if your solid state coil dies on the oh160 and you don't want to pay 250$ for a used one on evilbay , I built mine with a chrysler ignition box and a abs sensor works good !
                  does the ground coming from the high idle switch go straight to ground on yours or is it tied into the ground of the PC board?

Comment

I will have to check tomorrow Have to pull the panel back off lol .D

Comment

This schematic is for how the card is made diodes etc ...? The other pic I showed pc1 witch shows the wiring to the card wire 33 on terminal J to ground

Comment

Ground comes from j on the board. But j on my board has 2 wires to j. One is ground other feeds over which is feeding the switch ground.
                        Last edited by Racer16j; 02-15-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Update.

Got it running like a champ. It was the switch. Went to the local hardware store and got the correct switch it calls for. Put it in and it's running like a charm. Smokes a bit for some reason. But it runs and welds. I got a tach/hour meter coming so I can officially set for the correct rpms for everything. Thanks all you guys for the help.

Comment

Awesome !!! Was it the auto idle on off switch ?Did you adjust the valves yet on it ? D

Comment

http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/...nformation.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by D Auger View Post
                                Awesome !!! Was it the auto idle on off switch ?Did you adjust the valves yet on it ? D
                                I didn't adjust the valves yet I printed that book off already. The previous owner "rebuilt" the motor supposedly. I'll check on the valves. And yea it was the high idle switch. It was a 12v switch not the 20a 125vac it calls for. Switched it out and it works fine. How do you like you welder? Have you had any major problems with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X