Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welding Helmets - sure wish someone did a "Consumer Reports" for welding safety gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olivero
    replied
    Hahaha, ****, you got me there.

IF it actually works really good, I might just get it. I don't know about the looks on the hood without that reflective lens, really looks weird without it.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    >
    <br />
    And this is serious stuff here Wayne!
    Highly intelectual exchange....

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    You could totally sell those Heiti. I wouldn't buy one, but Olivero probably will. <br />
    <br />
    And that's a fair point about his height. But we've kind of gone full circle about whether or not a welding hood is good being determined by it making you look cool or not. In this case, buy the hood that gets you the hottest chics. Not that tom cruise knows anything about getting hot chics or welding. Almost certainly neither of those. <br />
    <br />
    And this is serious stuff here Wayne!

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Just have to say you guys are great entertainment!

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	51fna+-fOyL._SY445_.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	575229
    Originally posted by Olivero View Post
    Wow, not bad.

I don't know of a hood that makes you look time Tom Cruise, they tend to cover the face you know... Never noticed if he was tall or short lol.

Well........................

This one is fixed shade no autodark
    Last edited by H80N; 12-02-2016, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Olivero
    replied
    Wow, not bad.

I don't know of a hood that makes you look time Tom Cruise, they tend to cover the face you know... Never noticed if he was tall or short lol.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    You guys are just jealous that you didn't think of a hood that makes you look like tom cruise. I don't have that problem, I already look like tom cruise, only I'm taller...and probably smarter...plus I like girls.
    Really..??.... EVERYBODY is taller than tom cruise............

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    You guys are just jealous that you didn't think of a hood that makes you look like tom cruise. I don't have that problem, I already look like tom cruise, only I'm taller...and probably smarter...plus I like girls.

Leave a comment:

• Olivero
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post
    I don’t need no flight qualified hat

Guess I’ll just keep using my antique…. ground pounder version Miller BWE…..

as long as it keeps lighting off when I do....
    Yessir,

Pretty sure ESAB just lost me as a customer on that hood, looks horrible without the reflective lens on the front.

I got a passive lens hood the other day...... So much lighter, its amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Olivero
    replied
    Yeah, for that I figured Millers auto darkening googles are probably better for that type of thing.

I know my Titanium did not enjoy its trip into the commercial dishwasher we have here. *bump* Son of. "okay let me just turn my head a little to th *dink* *clash* *smack* well, now I am stuck.... *wiggle* okay. On the belt, pull my head up a bit, almost there *smack* hood drops down. FOR FFS *twist* okay, screw it back outside poke my head as good as I can get it and pray I get it right

Its quite horrible in those things

Then I found a good way for the flight type machines, if its above the belt, say the door side or on the manifolds or really anywhere above the belt, cover the belt with sheet pans, gives you a place to rest your body without having the pegs poking at ya.

My story on the above was when I welded the door stoppers in properly, they kept falling off and then getting lost by the dishwashers.... amazing how much of an all consuming void the machine can turn into....

Or when I had to weld something between the belt XD that was fun. Run the belt forward enough to where you can fit your TIG torch through the gap from 2 of the pegs and weld with filler from another gap

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    I don't need no flight qualified hat

Guess I'll just keep using my antique…. ground pounder version Miller BWE…..

as long as it keeps lighting off when I do....
    Last edited by H80N; 12-02-2016, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I was looking at those save phace hoods a while back, simply because they are much smaller. Would probably help when you're hanging upside down inside of a commercial dishwasher to have something smaller to protect your eye balls and ugly mug.

Leave a comment:

• Olivero
    replied
    Well done indeed.

I think you guys need one of these hoods

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Well then that new esab helmet should be a perfect match for you eh?

Leave a comment:

• Auto_Tech
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post

Alpha Mike Foxtrot..............

In polite company ….. "adieu my friend"....... A salutation signifying the destruction of the opposition’'s aviation asset

This is your captain speaking...................

In an earlier life, I flew mud hens in badazz iron gorilla packages and we used different terms.............multi-service "speak" only when forced to..............

Leave a comment:

Working...
X