Miller hf 251 d power source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller hf 251 d power source

Looking for insite on a good used power source for a hf251d ?
    I need a good ac/dc machine power source to do tig and stick I have a airco busybee but it has a low duty cycle and it's ac only .Im looking at a econo twin ,dial arc 250 and a ab p miller or airco witch I wouldn't need the hf box then I like the idea of the box being portable for use with a engine drive.
    This will be for home shop use with occasional side work I could getaway with a thunderbolt or lincoln tombstone but the amp adjustment is not as accurate any thoughts will be appreciated !

You're not gonna like using that HF box without remote amperage control. I think the dialarc can have remote input if it's equipped with that module, but I'm not 100% on that. <br />
    <br />
    I went that route before. Hooked that same HF box to my thunderbolt to tig aluminum and it worked...just didn't work very good. I suppose it all depends on what your intended purpose is.

Comment

Mostly going to use it in the garage for auto body and doing some aluminum fab work looking for a all around setup.
      Mainly I just need a good stick machine that will last a longtime ,and if I have a foot pedal 1 I can control the amperage with that ?Going to run a air cooled torch also no need for me to run water setup .

Comment

Bottom line, if you don't have a power source with remote amperage control, you will throwing good money after bad. I did it, I know other people that have done...****, Jody Collier says he did it! But it just sucks. Remote amperage control is a must. Do you already have the HF251D?

Comment

Yup that's the problem I got the box without knowing live and learn I guess lol. It was cheep enough with a aircooled torch no leads it's 97 model powers up and the high freq works.

Comment

Well it is a valuable piece of equipment for sure. I would imagine you can get a dialarc on the used market for cheap enough if you're patient. Even if the dialarc doesn't have the remote socket, you can still buy that part from Miller for your machine, depending on the vintage I'm sure. Or throw in the towel, sell your HF box and get something else.

Comment

Thank you Ryan for your help I appreciate it !

Comment

Working...
              X