Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olivero
    replied
    Whenever I get flashed and get pissed off about it, I just switch my hood to Xmode, problem solved

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I also notice a difference between my old transformer tig machines and my new inverter tig machines. With the sensitivity turned down for welding outside with my Helga or my Lincoln precision tig, then back into the shop on the HTP or the maxstar...the inverter machines must have a much softer arc because I have to turn the sensitivity back up.

Leave a comment:

• dvice
    replied
    yeah the technician at speedglass , said I could try turning up the sensitivity.... it was on 2 and he suggested turning it to 3..... there are only 4 settings...

my helmet at home must be on a high sensitivity setting because one time I brought some 500 watt lights over to light my welding table up for some mig welding... and the helmet kept triggering just from the amount of light!!

thanks for the feedback

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I agree. If you're tigging, turn the sensitivity up.

Leave a comment:

• Jayare123
    replied
    Ss basket? Tig? If so tig needs the sensitivity up I use a speed glass daily on stainless sheet and I keep my sensitivity high enough that it darkens when I look up at the lights in the shop so I don't get flashed

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    95 bucks for a new Miller..Bob

Leave a comment:

• dvice
    replied
    I put two new batteries in it , but I haven't had the chance to try it out yet..... Speedglass offered to sell me a new lens insert assembly for $110 with only a 1 year warranty....

Leave a comment:

• Olivero
    replied
    Yeah, I would change the battery and make sure its not loose or something like that. Might also be your arc lenses are blocked and not seeing it for a second, dirt on the shield or something.

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    My old boss lens would have random problems with a low battery, I would change out the battery. If it does it again, email speed glass there might be some other problem they are familiar with.

Leave a comment:

• dvice
    started a topic auto darkening helmet issues

auto darkening helmet issues

I have a speedglass auto darkening SL helmet and in the last week or so once in a while the auto darkening just goes off and I am blinded, then in a fraction of a second it is working again.....but I don't notice any change in the welding power or light......so I was thinking maybe the battery is going bad. But it has a low battery light and it is NOT on. it just happened 3 times today while welding a SS basket here at work. I have to get this straightened out.... I cant have that blast of light blinding me..... any suggestions, before I call speedglass??? thanks

dvice
Working...
X