Most excellent!

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Great! Success!

Leave a comment:

• Scott31
    replied
    I cleaned the two contractors right under the front cover by all of the connections. I used some 400 grit sand paper. They were covered in rust I couldn't even see in between them. But I cleaned them and set the gap at .008 and it works perfect now. Starts up as soon as I hit the pedal.
    Last edited by Scott31; 11-19-2016, 09:24 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    If you go to the manuals and parts link at the bottom of this page, you can fins a manual. Chances are a machine this old won't show up in the serial number search but if you look by name in the search box to the right, it will give you a list of manuals by serial number. If you end up needing help, post your serial number so we can all see the diagrams.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    You'll need to open it up and see if the relay is pulling in. Just check. If it's not pulling in, then you may have found your culprit with very little effort. You'll need to know which relay to look at first though. That's where your schematics come in.

Leave a comment:

• Scott31
    replied
    Do you think I can clean the contactors? The welder was always used as a stick welder from new. It never Tig welded till I got it

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Had the same trouble with my airco. CR2 was my HF start arc contactor. Had to swap it out. You'll need a set of schematics and a parts list.

Leave a comment:

• Scott31
    replied
    Tried out the pedal and it seems to be working alright. Only one thing I couldn't figure out. When I press the pedal the arc doesn't start, but as I'm holding the pedal down if I scratch the tungsten to the steel the arc starts. All switches are on remote control so I'm not sure what is going on. Other than that the welder and pedal works great.

Leave a comment:

• Scott31
    replied
    I ended up finding one today. It's in rough shape but I got it for 100 dollars. Not sure if it even works I'm on my way home now to give it a try. Thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    If not, the correct resistor that can replace the current one is a little over $80.
    http://miller4less.com/advanced_sear...=13&search.y=9

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott31 View Post
    Would this foot pedal work for the dialarc?
    Contact the seller and ask them to check resistance across the WH (ground) and X terminals of the 3-prong plug. If it's 15ohms +/- it's the correct foot control for the Dialarc HF.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I find it highly unlikely...check this link from SSC controls. They make high quality aftermarket foot pedals for all sorts of things. Scroll to the bottom and it explains why they don't make one for that machine and they suggest you just buy the correct part from miller.

https://www.ssccontrols.com/tig-cross-reference-guide/

Just because it has the same plug on it does not mean it will work. I didn't make the picture big to read the caption, but by the color it looks like an old linde or UC machine pedal. As far as if that pedal is compatible...unless that pedal came from the same machine that uses the RFC-23A pedal (like your dialarc HF or similar), only painted a different for what ever company miller made it for, then no.

Leave a comment:

• Scott31
    replied
    Would this foot pedal work for the dialarc?

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    If you can hold out, have some patience and one will pop up. Even if it needs some work, they're pretty simple. I had to wire mine and used an old extension cord on recommendation from H80N. Worked pretty good and a little heavier duty than the original. Not much to the guts of them. $375 for a new ones seems pretty reasonable to me.

Leave a comment:

• Scott31
    replied
    Yeah I ended up finding one. The cheapest one I found was 375. Kind of hoping to find a used one but I'm not sure where. Everyone I have seen on eBay has been sold

Leave a comment:

Working...
X