No announcement yet.

Miller dialarc hf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried out the pedal and it seems to be working alright. Only one thing I couldn't figure out. When I press the pedal the arc doesn't start, but as I'm holding the pedal down if I scratch the tungsten to the steel the arc starts. All switches are on remote control so I'm not sure what is going on. Other than that the welder and pedal works great.

Comment

Had the same trouble with my airco. CR2 was my HF start arc contactor. Had to swap it out. You'll need a set of schematics and a parts list.

Comment

Do you think I can clean the contactors? The welder was always used as a stick welder from new. It never Tig welded till I got it

Comment

You'll need to open it up and see if the relay is pulling in. Just check. If it's not pulling in, then you may have found your culprit with very little effort. You'll need to know which relay to look at first though. That's where your schematics come in.

Comment

If you go to the manuals and parts link at the bottom of this page, you can fins a manual. Chances are a machine this old won't show up in the serial number search but if you look by name in the search box to the right, it will give you a list of manuals by serial number. If you end up needing help, post your serial number so we can all see the diagrams.

Comment

I cleaned the two contractors right under the front cover by all of the connections. I used some 400 grit sand paper. They were covered in rust I couldn't even see in between them. But I cleaned them and set the gap at .008 and it works perfect now. Starts up as soon as I hit the pedal.
              Last edited by Scott31; 11-19-2016, 09:24 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

Great! Success!

Comment

Most excellent!

Comment

Working...
                  X