No announcement yet.

New helmet from ESAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, I am definetley very readily appreciative of cool commercials and stuff but its really gotta get me the first time going "wow, I want one" otherwise, takes a lot to sell me on it.
    if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

I wore one while testing machines at the Fabtech show and couldn't get it out of my mind on how comfortable and clear it was. I use a Jackson Shadow with a leather bid and 2 x 4 auto darkening lens but I have to say.. Well let's just say I ordered one..

Comment

You are gonna get so many hot chics now.

Comment

I think the new ESAB A50 is a player --- having the grind button on the outside is a real plus, LCD is an obvious discriminator, clarity is superb and the blue tint really works while TIG'ing..........will add it to my "Consumer Reports' (like) spreadsheet I'm building to compare helmets for personal use.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto_Tech View Post
            I think the new ESAB A50 is a player --- having the grind button on the outside is a real plus, LCD is an obvious discriminator, clarity is superb and the blue tint really works while TIG'ing..........will add it to my "Consumer Reports' (like) spreadsheet I'm building to compare helmets for personal use.
            So.......................??????????

have you ACTUALLY used one....???

or is this from a psychic connection............??.......

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Okay, its back into consideration. I might get one

Comment

Originally posted by Olivero View Post
                Okay, its back into consideration. I might get one
                It looks alright but before you throw down your hard earned cash ask what the cover lenses cost. I have no idea but they may not be available everywhere.---Meltedmetal
                ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

So.......................??????????

have you ACTUALLY used one....???

or is this from a psychic connection............??.......

Yes, I have used and no the MFWIC who owns the shop (me) doesn't do psychic stuff.

Comment

Lol.

Well, maybe not. I found new love for my Titanium today. Took it to my paint booth and resprayed the whole darn thing silver and put a new stencil on it and new stickers. So it looks new again.....

Unfortunately I am not the best spray painter in the world but it looks new and shiny so maybe I will pass on a new helmet for now

Comment

Originally posted by Olivero View Post
                      Lol.

Well, maybe not. I found new love for my Titanium today. Took it to my paint booth and resprayed the whole darn thing silver and put a new stencil on it and new stickers. So it looks new again.....

Unfortunately I am not the best spray painter in the world but it looks new and shiny so maybe I will pass on a new helmet for now
                      Cool,,,,

you have customized it.... unique to you.....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

Cool,,,,

you have customized it.... unique to you.....
                        Yup, I will post some pictures later. Its not really too different from the original but after a year of beating it up, I figured it deserved some attention to get it looking good again.

The standard helmets that are black are not a big problem when they get all scratched up because you can't really see it, but the Titanium is originally a black helmet and THEN sprayed silver, so when you scratch it, bump it, hit it with your grinder, etc. The silver comes off and its now a black spot so it gets really visible and in the end you have 50 or 60 of these spots and it starts looking odd.

A buddy of mine was thinking about getting some gloss gold detailing in to highlight some of the helmets curves but that will be next time

Comment

I asked Miller to send me stickers that I could use to replace the Miller logo that is traditional on every hood they make. I did not want to loose the symbol just to repaint it as I think its only fair that their logo remains on the helmet. Emily from Customer Service sent me some and here is the one installed, can barely tell its a different sticker.

Got a new stencil for it, reminds me of the old school, knight times type font.

Comment

Still not getting as many hot chics as you would is you had that esab one. And being Scandinavian, you need all the help you can get!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                              Still not getting as many hot chics as you would is you had that esab one. And being Scandinavian, you need all the help you can get!
                              Haha, What are you talking about? American chicks love Scandinavians, that's a proven fact!

Comment

BAH! Merely a novelty....

Comment

Working...
                                X