Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New helmet from ESAB

Well,

I saw ESAB's new release of their Sentinel A50 which looks, really, really, really, cool. But I have the Titanium 9400I which seems to be Millers top of the line hood. Now I am trying to see if there is something I would gain from getting ESAB's top of the line hood.

Any opinions?
    if there's a welder, there's a way

http://www.esabna.com/us/en/products...de=12526&tab=2

Comment

Oddball cover glass & gimmicky electronics..... wonder how fragile.....??... color LCD display.. really...??

Bet it is an orphan within 5 years

Seems like these days they pile on the tech.... just because it is COOL... but maybe not needed or useful...

not to worry... there will be a frillier model out in 6 months.... with more ge-gaws......
      Last edited by H80N; 11-08-2016, 10:22 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Yes looks cool. I use a miller digital elite with the cool band now, works great and unless money doesn't matter I'd stick with the reliable old hood. But if you get the A50 you'll look like a jet fighter pilot when your welding. Does it have heads up display with machine settings? Looks like it should.

Comment

I does look pretty cool. I'd use it just for that reason alone. But unless I can get parts for it locally, I'm out. <br />
          <br />
          I also have the digital elite and I'm very happy with it. And I can get parts for it in 15 minutes. I should change the cover lenses a little more often.

Comment

What you don't like welding by braille?

Comment

Haha, I have a tendency to go for the "cool" stuff simply because its cool. Depending on the price, I may or may not get it.

I Got the Titanium 9400I mainly because it was special and had features others lacked and because the lens flips up and packed out with cool functions I never really use I guess I am weird like that.....

But for performance use, seems like the viewing area is about the same and I can't decipher the lens quality in the spec sheet so maybe that's all I would pay for, the cool factor.

Comment

I have been using my Miller Big Window Elite for about 10 years...... mostly TIG... No Complaints....

Just replace the batteries every couple years...............

figure it has paid for itself a few times....................

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

Buy the best hood for your eyes had a big window elite that lead a very sheltered life took it in field 3 days fell about 8 feet off scafold no more big window elite bought a hood from Lowe's way better than the miller that was 4 or 5 yrs ago technology keep getting better set it to the shade you want and weld better yet get a fixed shade Jackson or huntsman and be done only prefer auto for very few circumstances

Comment

have been loving my elite for bout 10 years. had at disastrous issue after changing spools of wire. bumped my mig lead as I walked to band saw and trigger of gun got depressed. shot wire up an into my hood then to table. when I turned back to table my hood was on fire. I searched both welding stores and painfully ended up with a lincoln viking 3350. It has a larger screen, buttons are more accessible. It comes with 3year warranty. It was a very hard decision leaving miller but so far it has been a great hood. lt seems to have a little slower reaction time lightning back up, but have only had it for a week. also has a nice head band.

Comment

have been loving my elite for bout 10 years. had at disastrous issue after changing spools of wire. bumped my mig lead as I walked to band saw and trigger of gun got depressed. shot wire up an into my hood then to table. when I turned back to table my hood was on fire. I searched both welding stores and painfully ended up with a lincoln viking 3350. It has a larger screen, buttons are more accessible. It comes with 3year warranty. It was a very hard decision leaving miller but so far it has been a great hood. lt seems to have a little slower reaction time lightning back up, but have only had it for a week. also has a nice head band.

Comment

Originally posted by Olivero View Post
                        Haha, I have a tendency to go for the "cool" stuff simply because its cool.
                        You are in the 75 percentile marketing companies are looking for. Lots of cool guys ...Bob
                        Bob Wright

Comment

But...will it get me hot chics? If the answer is yes, I'm so buying it...

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                            But...will it get me hot chics? If the answer is yes, I'm so buying it...
                            Why....It'll just puff their poodle skirts........................

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

Ha! <br />
                              <br />
                              **** it.

Comment

Working...
                              X