Welding Tips&Tricks "Share my Weld" App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding Tips&Tricks "Share my Weld" App

Ran across this.... looks interesting ..... anybody tried it...???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACiJCG-STRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDCcAj7Nzw (Starting at 10:21)

I could see it being used to help troubleshoot weld problems by members here

that are having problems and seeking advice from other forum members

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

I have. Last time I used it seems like it was missing cast aluminum. It's a pretty cool tool though and I'm sure there will be upgrades and changes as it gains users.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
      I have. Last time I used it seems like it was missing cast aluminum. It's a pretty cool tool though and I'm sure there will be upgrades and changes as it gains users.
      I don't use a smartphone....

But maybe it will help us help our members who are trying to figure out

why their weld beads are looking like gerbil trots.........

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

I don't use a smartphone....

But maybe it will help us help our members who are trying to figure out

why their weld beads are looking like gerbil trots.........
        Lots don't use smartphones, and some who do, aren't that saavy to really learn it. Same goes for computers. Apps like that go hand-in-hand with proficient technology usage, which many unfortunately don't want to learn.
        HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
        HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
        HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
        HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
        HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
        HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I resisted the iPhone for a long time. Kept a phone that wanted to be a phone. But I finally caved. And I have to say, it's a wonderful, on the spot resource. I don't even use many of my old charts, like tap drill references and stuff, one click and there it is.

Comment

No need to resist new technology as long as it helps you get better, some things are excessive but I keep PDF reference files of all kinds of stuff that I use almost every day, I can just search in the PDF for what I need, takes less than 5 minutes.\

Smartphones are great too, all kinds of apps to help, with some 3G or 4G or 5G or 8G or whatever it is these days, you can google anything, almost anywhere.
            if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

More interested in if this app would be useful here............... rather than a technoiogy debate............

I spent my career helping to develop new technologies....

When I first encountered the internet............ it was called............. "Darpanet".............
              Last edited by H80N; 11-08-2016, 12:40 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

Smartphone is the only way to go if you want to learn "on the spot"
                I have a search engine with email in my pocket.
                Everyone who works here is an "answer" man. I would be pissed if my people couldn't solve a problem that they could easily "Google".
                I can connect with my clients any number of ways much more conveniently. A lot of times I use it in unison with my computer.
                But I didn't get this attitude overnight. I am kind 'a old.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                Miller WC-115-A
                Miller Spectrum 300
                Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

That looks like a great resource. Google, utube, and other places like that are great for up and comers and old guys alike. Engineering Toolbox is in my favorites and used a lot. These apps and web sites eliminate a lot of trial and error that that we all had to go thru back in the day. Great time savers and learning tools. One of my guys used Utube to help perfect his walking the cup for pipe welds. Of course the the 260 welds on 3" pipe from the last job probably had something to do with how good his welds look now. Nothing better than under the hood time to make it nice. But the utube video made the impression, that made how to do it click in his head.

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                    More interested in if this app would be useful here............... rather than a technoiogy debate............

I spent my career helping to develop new technologies....

When I first encountered the internet............ it was called............. "Darpanet".............
                    I'm afraid they are tied together. For example, this forum as a great communication tool, is a great idea, especially when you can share visual depictions of the discussions at hand. After all, we all welders, right? Well isn't it awesome to post pictures so people can see what you're doing/asking? Of course! I can show the world with a picture that I can take digitally! I'm all for it! Showing the world what I see through my eyes so we can all communicate seamlessly, effortlessly, unambiguously! Wait how do you do that, again?? Oh so there's a whole 'nother process? File-hosting? Sharing? URL what? Forum code what?? And that's just one example of how a seemingly simple idea of "sharing a picture" means a completely different thing in the digital world as opposed to just handing someone a "polaroid" straight to their hand.

Yes the app would be useful. If people are actually gonna take the time to learn it.
                    HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                    HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                    HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                    HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Was interested in an evaluation of the app by people who had used it in particular...

No need to sell me on technology.....I have been a techie for the past 50+ years
                      Last edited by H80N; 11-08-2016, 02:53 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

I figured if someone muttered the word "DARPA" in louder than a whisper, they'd have the black helicopters hovering over their head in something like 15 seconds....<br />
                        <br />
                        I think I would like to be able to connect with guys the likes of y'all through that app...but knowing me and my lack of taking pictures just for the sake of taking pictures, I'd probably be a buzzkill. I'm not into the facepage and tweeter or whatever all that social doofloppy mess is. But if it was specific, like this, I might be interested in learning how to utilize it better. <br />
                        <br />
                        So far I've used it as my pocket notepad for settings on a few welds I've made for repairs, but that's been it so far. One of those jobs was cast aluminum and that metal was not an option. Now I see there is an update, maybe its been added.

Comment

Working...
                        X