Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estimation of weight carriage?

Fellas!

So I am trying to get a ballpark on how much weight this ramp can hold, Its a 1/4" 3003 diamond plate, frame is 2.5" 6061 T-6 square tubing, welded with 4943 ( i believe, its 4043's replacement so to speak) Trying to get decent pictures up but MY GOD its annoying.
    if there's a welder, there's a way

Here are the pictures, wish they could be bigger so you guys could see it better but its a 48" X 44 1/2" ramp. 5" high, 2.5" squares stacked and cut at slope to get the right angle.

Diamond is 3003, 1/4" tubing is 6061 T-6, 1/8" wall 2.5 " square. welded with 4943 at 200 Amps., 40/60%
    Last edited by Olivero; 11-06-2016, 09:14 PM. Reason: Added photo

Comment

Well. They drove the front of a sysco delivery truck onto it to try to sink it down in the asphalt. Did not work, ramp survived though, so I guess that's good enough for me. If it can hold the front of a Sysco truck I think electric pallet jacks and pallets full of goods won't be a problem.

Comment

That's strange, that's exactly what I was gonna post. It would be my assessment that your ramp doohickey would hold, at a minimum, the front end of a Sysco delivery truck. <br />
        <br />
        I was right for once!!

Comment

Haha., spot on. Turns out it was the trailer they backed up, guy on the truck said it was about 15.000 lbs.

Comment

Well my calculation was for a cab over reefer with a 450 lbs driver and 350 lbs co-driver. And not one of them new, fiberglass truck jobs either, one of those old and awesome all steel and meat and potato kind of trucks. So it's probably a toss up.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
              Well my calculation was for a cab over reefer with a 450 lbs driver and 350 lbs co-driver. And not one of them new, fiberglass truck jobs either, one of those old and awesome all steel and meat and potato kind of trucks. So it's probably a toss up.
              Flawless......................................

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
              Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Ryan,

If only my math teacher would have been more like you.

Comment

Well it's what I'm here for...helping people...it's my job. <br />
                  <br />
                  Besides, anything to help you guys....

Comment

Working...
                  X