Clear All

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Yep, that's it. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
    I also have a transformer 211. I cannot find the source, but I'm almost positive I remember hearing that Miller specifically recommends against the longer gun due to reduced life expectancy of the drive motor. I use the gun that came with it; works fine for my needs. Give a call to Miller tech support and ask them-they are very helpful.

I have never used the new inverter 211, but I absolutely love my "old" one. Beautiful welds, and no issues at all. I have run both solid and flux core in it.
    Wayne

think this is the one you are referring to

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...the-miller-211

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    I also have a transformer 211. I cannot find the source, but I'm almost positive I remember hearing that Miller specifically recommends against the longer gun due to reduced life expectancy of the drive motor. I use the gun that came with it; works fine for my needs. Give a call to Miller tech support and ask them-they are very helpful.

I have never used the new inverter 211, but I absolutely love my "old" one. Beautiful welds, and no issues at all. I have run both solid and flux core in it.

Leave a comment:

• gcally
    started a topic Millermatic 211 questions... Older transformer model

Millermatic 211 questions... Older transformer model

I just picked up a Millermatic 211 (older transformer version). I was looking at getting the newer 211 inverter but could not pass up the deal on this one. The former owner only used it a couple times and I snagged it for $500.

Couple questions…

1. Can I upgrade to a 15 foot gun? I heard the drive system on the older 211’s are not capable to push through a 15 foot gun.
    2. How does the older 211’s stack up to the newer inverter version?
Working...
X