No announcement yet.

Welding aluminum without overheating paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does that ever really, like really, come in handy or is it just a skill you acquired because you could or you had a knack for it or you were interested in knowing how to calculate the BTU input that's being put into the metal or what? I get curious over these, things. Some people are just masterminds, others, like me, are not
    if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

Originally posted by Olivero View Post
      Does that ever really, like really, come in handy or is it just a skill you acquired because you could or you had a knack for it or you were interested in knowing how to calculate the BTU input that's being put into the metal or what? I get curious over these, things. Some people are just masterminds, others, like me, are not
      It doesn't come in handy simply because there are many computer-aided software packages that can do this as a real-time simulation, and they can do it orders of magnitude faster than any person could. I learned to calculate stuff like that simply because it was part of class called Partial Differential Equations. Even then, they are very simplistic and truly useful softwares account for many real-life variables that book-equations over-look. So I guess you could say it is useful: to the engineers/physicists who develop and must continually refine the mathematical models employed by such softwares. Same goes for things like stress/mechanical/electromagnetic FEA softwares. They are always evolving, but not on their own. The programming is always being updated to reflect better, more accurate mathematical models that mirror reality a little bit closer and closer each time.
      HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
      HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
      HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
      HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
      HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
      HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Interesting, makes sense as someone has to figure out how to code the software to figure it out for us. Guys like you are always good to have around
        if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

Working...
        X