X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, this time, Im gonna pass. Thanks though
    if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

Safety is REALLY IMPORTANT.......people are very fragile..... so we MUST think..........

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I've seen the first video. That kid gets lucky. <br />
        <br />
        Heiti, you say "think"....what section of the online user's manual is that in? <br />
        <br />
        Operator headspace and timing is the cause of far too many injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
          I've seen the first video. That kid gets lucky. <br />
          <br />
          Heiti, you say "think"....what section of the online user's manual is that in? <br />
          <br />
          Operator headspace and timing is the cause of far too many injuries.
          PLUS...

IF.... you have "Brain Fade".............around equipment........ more likely...that you might "Bleed & Break.........

PLS... Stay Focused...
          Last edited by H80N; 11-02-2016, 08:34 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

+1.....we have to avoid the preventable accidents to allow room in the odds for the unpreventable ones. I had a 16d nail out of a nail gun go straight down into the bottom plate of a stud wall, hit a knot that was invisible from the top, turned inside the wood and came out, flew 15' across the building, and hit my friend about an inch above the eye. I have put in tens of thousands of nails with nail guns, and never saw anything remotely close to that. No serious damage other than a cut, by the grace of God. 1" lower would have been a very different story.

Looking at some of those lathe videos with people in long sleeves....accident waiting to happen. Like PTO shafts on farm equipment. I know a kid that's missing an arm...

Comment

True, equipment is extremely dangeruous, best thing to do is get to know the machine, get a feel for it and respect it, know that much like a T-Rex, it can rip you apart faster than you can imagine.

Comment

Every time I hurt myself in the shop it's from doing something I know I shouldn't have done. I'll admit, I lost respect for the simple drill press a year or so ago and got 9 stitches out of it. That will never happen again. So yes, Olivero, you're absolutely right...respect stuff that can hurt you quick. Like Heiti said, stay focused.

Comment

Olivero, I applaud you. For a young fella, you sound like you really have your head in the game. I'm rapidly reaching old fart status and I certainly have made my bloody mistakes along the way. Sadly, I've worked with a number of young bucks who've found out the hard way what happens when you don't pay attention. Lost fingers, nerve damage, one guy lost his arm up to his shoulder. When I work in my garage/shop, I have ear plugs, safety glasses, shields, gloves on at all times. Years ago, I poo pooed the notion of wearing all that stuff. I like to think that now I know better. Plus, my body doesn't heal as fast as it used to.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                    ...respect stuff that can hurt you quick.
                    Yes, but also respect the stuff that will hurt you over the long term.

The jokes about artillery soldiers and hearing damage are true. In 1990 I joined the army, and my ears have been ringing non-stop since the howitzer fired the first time. 26 years of lying in bed every night trying to fall asleep, with a sound like a shop-vac running in the next room. It takes a toll on your health.

We were never issued ear protection (although the officers 100 ft away were). I now have several pairs of good ear-muffs that I, and everyone around me, wear when there is the possibility of hearing damage.

Comment

Appreciate the applaude. and Ryan, Gotta agree with you, every time you "don't need it" you need it. Just like tools to do a job, its what you think you dont need, you end up needing.

Interesting how that all works.

I got an old fart fella around who told me all kinds of stories so I know what I am in store for if I am not carefull. Definetley made my own mistakes and learned from them but when it comes to big machinery, even chop saws, band saws, table saws, angle grinders. I learned to be carefull, a cutting wheel once exploded when I was cutting pipe, shot into my leg, about 6" from my happy place and piece of it ended up in my finger, split my nail. After that, I wear my nice, heavy duty MIG STICK gloves from Miller, long sleeves and all.

Just not worth it in the long run, I write this with a sunburn on my upper arms from welding without sleeves.... I guess I can't be all good. haha

Comment

About the only thing a short cut in the shop gets you is a quick trip to the ER.

Comment

Originally posted by Olivero View Post

Sounds really interesting, I would like to try doing that equation just for ****s and giggles but the link does not work.
                          Oops, forgot to change the share settings for the PDF. It should now be accessible to anyone with the link.
                          HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                          HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                          HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                          HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                          HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                          HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post

Oops, forgot to change the share settings for the PDF. It should now be accessible to anyone with the link.
                            Here's another PDF: Heat Conduction in 2D and 3D
                            HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                            HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                            HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                            HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Well, looks Arabic to me. Perhaps, Egyptian?

Comment

Originally posted by Olivero View Post
                                Well, looks Arabic to me. Perhaps, Egyptian?

Stay in school, kids....stay in school
                                HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                                HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                                HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                                HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Working...
                                X