open circuit on the auxiliary power windings

Leave a comment:

• joel.richeme
    replied
    ill take some mesurements tommorow morning

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Take a resistance measurement from the black (short spade) terminal on the receptacle to frame ground. Is it less than say 50 ohms. if greater, you have a open somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• joel.richeme
    replied
    airco superhornet 300 HF862539

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Please post serial no.

Leave a comment:

• joel.richeme
    replied
    anyone ?

Leave a comment:

• joel.richeme
    replied
    im pretty sure my welder doesnt have that. its an old style with a 300w rheostat

Leave a comment:

• Welderearl
    replied
    Originally posted by joel.richeme View Post
    got a big 40 with non working AC power. i have 20Vac at the receptacle. i checked both bridge rectifier and theg are ok. according a schematic i have there should be a varistor in the circuit but it's missing. also i disconnected a some sort of exciter circuit connected at the positive terminal of both positive terminal of the bridge rectifiers. also i check the resistance of both windings and i have 18.7 and 48.6 ohm.
    anyone got a clue ??
    Try going to the voltage regulator a clear plastic with 3stes of contacts. clean the contacts

Leave a comment:

• joel.richeme
    replied
    just tested it and im able to strike an arc no problem.

Leave a comment:

• joel.richeme
    started a topic big 40 no AC power

big 40 no AC power

got a big 40 with non working AC power. i have 20Vac at the receptacle. i checked both bridge rectifier and theg are ok. according a schematic i have there should be a varistor in the circuit but it's missing. also i disconnected a some sort of exciter circuit connected at the positive terminal of both positive terminal of the bridge rectifiers. also i check the resistance of both windings and i have 18.7 and 48.6 ohm.
    anyone got a clue ??
Working...
X