Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluestar 2e for parts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bluestar 2e for parts

    Going to look at a Bluestar 2e tomorrow for parts what would be a good price for one? I'm really interested in mostly the gastank and some internal parts has the Tecumseh engine no idea of its condition or age .Guy said it's sitting outside any thoughts ?Are they decent machines to invest in ?thanks D

  • #2
    They weld very nice. I have the DC only 2e.
    Ive ran a lot of 5/32 7018 with mine.
    They are robust with a 60% duty cycle at 200 amps.
    Only complaint I have with mine is the noise from the 16hp tecumpseh.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table

    Comment


    • #3
      ive paid 85$ CAD for mine, changes the starter, battery and cleaned the carb and it runs great. i'd say no more than 150$ for a non working one. mine is in running order and i want to sell it because last tine ive order parts from tecumseh it took 8 weeks to arrive because tecumseh is in bankruptcy for the past few years. its is indeed a good machine. what is not working with the machine you're looking at ????

      Comment


      • #4
        I picked it up today for 100$ it needs a ignition coil for the oh160 motor tank is clean I guess those solid state coils are known for failure it's all complete the guy said it sat for 10 years he said he's the second owner came from California he used to weld rodeo rings with it out west before moved back to massachusetts
        Said it had low hours ran fine till the coil failed. .i was gonna use it for parts but seems to good for that I will check the slip rings for ware hopefully that will confirm the low hours got a manual fir it and it's a. 1987 model prob put a quieter muffler from a farmall cub on it once I get it going .looks like the little brother to my aead200 le lol..,here's a pick Thanks for the the replies anyone got a pick if the how the throttle cyclinoid mounts up to the linkage mine is all apart for the coil removal when I got it?im gonna rig up a ignition for it some how for know maybe chrysler electronic since I got some stuff around the shop .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by joel.richeme View Post
          ive paid 85$ CAD for mine, changes the starter, battery and cleaned the carb and it runs great. i'd say no more than 150$ for a non working one. mine is in running order and i want to sell it because last tine ive order parts from tecumseh it took 8 weeks to arrive because tecumseh is in bankruptcy for the past few years. its is indeed a good machine. what is not working with the machine you're looking at ????
          I just bought an OEM Tecumseh carb from an outfit called PartsTree in Austin, TX. Said they have a lot of OEM Tecumseh parts. Ordered Wed. Afternoon and it was on my porch in upstate NY today (Fri.) for less than $10 shipping. Haven't put it on the snowblower yet but looks identical to the original.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post

            I just bought an OEM Tecumseh carb from an outfit called PartsTree in Austin, TX. Said they have a lot of OEM Tecumseh parts. Ordered Wed. Afternoon and it was on my porch in upstate NY today (Fri.) for less than $10 shipping. Haven't put it on the snowblower yet but looks identical to the original.
            I have bought lots of parts from PARTS TREE and eREPLACEMENT. Both have good selections and good service.

            Griff

            Comment


            • #7
              I've used both of those places for various parts. Rebuilt a metabo, an old black and decker belt sander, lawn mower, compressor motor parts....all sorts of stuff. Huge online database. I usually call them to order, but you can do it online too. Most of the parts they have a picture of it too.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for the info I will look into that ASAP seems like there hard to find since tecumseh engine production stopped .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just a update got the bluestar running well cleaned carb new filters and built a ignition for the tecmseh on it coil was shot.
                  Had a chrysler ignition box kicking around and wired it up along with a abs sensor from a ford for the trigger pickup works pretty well welds sweet all functions work .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Pics are loading small off my phone for some reason

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by D Auger View Post
                      Just a update got the bluestar running well cleaned carb new filters and built a ignition for the tecmseh on it coil was shot.
                      Had a chrysler ignition box kicking around and wired it up along with a abs sensor from a ford for the trigger pickup works pretty well welds sweet all functions work .
                      Thanks for the post! Love your ingenuity!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks it's great to have you guys knowledge and help! That's what makes this site so awesome !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Indeed! I am constantly amazed at the depth and breadth of knowledge here.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X