X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HGR44117
    replied
    Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post

I got a 10 minute lesson on running a tracer wood lathe today. Sort of like my metal lathe but cleaner. When something breaks I will be there when needed. So far real good...Bob
    Thanks for the update!

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Yup I am here just like the last 12 years. I now work at Baird Brothers Fine Hardwoods...Bob

Leave a comment:

• DATEC
    replied
    Hope everything works out on the new job. I was at the store 2 weeks ago on Saturday for some new welding gloves and you were off, bummed I didn't get to see and talk to you again. Hind sight says it might have been for the best you probably would have talked me into buying that cute micro Miller plasma cutter on the counter 😊. I seen it and at first thought it was a scaled down display piece until I got to really looking at it.

Your still gonna be a regular here right?

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by HGR44117 View Post
    Sounds like an interesting challenge. I love learning new things! Good luck to you. Let us know how it goes.
    I got a 10 minute lesson on running a tracer wood lathe today. Sort of like my metal lathe but cleaner. When something breaks I will be there when needed. So far real good...Bob

Leave a comment:

• HGR44117
    replied
    Sounds like an interesting challenge. I love learning new things! Good luck to you. Let us know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Pntballgunz
    replied
    Good luck on your new endeavor. Your wealth of experience and hard work ethic is a diamond in any business!

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied
    Good luck on your new job. Probably be good to get back in the family business. And, many thanks for the spool gun conversion! Works like a charm!

Leave a comment:

• Olivero
    replied
    Good luck on the new job Bob. Pleasure to talk to you in the past, hopefully in the future as well.

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    Good luck in your new job, hope the family business does you right. Most of all have fun!

Leave a comment:

• Bls repair
    replied
    Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    You'll be a good millwright, as well versed as you are. Plus maybe you'll get to use some of your cool tools like the shaper a little more often.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Auto_Tech View Post
    Be safe in that new environment -- I rebuild Stihl chainsaws as a hobby (have 10 on my bench currently -- 038s, 066, 044, etc). That enviro (tree/lumber/sawmills) is one of the most dangerous out there.
    Thanks. I am a chainsaw nut also. I have 26 of them. Echo brand. I went to Echo Tech in 1984 and was a chainsaw mechanic/welder in my dads weld shop that happened to be an Echo dealer since 1969. So I had the best of both worlds. My uncle's had a sawmill/lumber yard a few miles away and they bought my dads Echo dealership when he retired. And that's where I am going back in the family business..Bob

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Bob..... hope your new gig is fun......

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Hope it works out well for you! Be safe.

Leave a comment:

• Auto_Tech
    replied
    Be safe in that new environment -- I rebuild Stihl chainsaws as a hobby (have 10 on my bench currently -- 038s, 066, 044, etc). That enviro (tree/lumber/sawmills) is one of the most dangerous out there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X