HF question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HF question

I have a chance to pick up a HF-251D-1. My question is if I can connect it, and use it successfully, with an older off brand stick welder as a power source. Does it need the 14 pin plug connected to the power unit? THANKS!!

I did this exact set up for my first aluminum tig rig. Save yourself the frustration and dump the money into a true aluminum capable tig machine. <br />
    <br />
    Does it work? Yes.<br />
    Does it work well? No. <br />
    <br />
    It's not adjustable, so what you set it at is what you get. You don't need the remote setup for it to work, but you won't be able to use a foot pedal. You'll also have to tig up a switch to start and stop the HF. <br />
    <br />
    It's an expensive piece of equipment that you will be forcing into doing a job that it's WAY over qualified to do on just some random stick machine. Unless of course you just want a Frankenstein welder in your shop.

Comment

Ryan, Thanks. I understand the scenario that you explained. The good part COULD be that it is an AC/DC machine The "off brand" is Lincoln. Although Franestein can be cool, I think I might pass on it and wait and see what else is out there. Bad part guy only wanted $300 for it with the torch. Oh well. Never know what's around the next corner.

Comment

That's not a bad price, I think I paid something around that for mine. But it just sits there and keeps the dust off the shop floor. Put that money towards something you will actually be able to use. For not much more than that, you could probably find a used machine that will be what you need.

Comment

Think you're right.

Comment

Working...
          X