Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pat h
    replied
    Never heard a bad thing about htp, if your really into the dynasty save a few more bucks and buy what you want 3400 for machine only less 200 dollar rebate buy a ssc pedal about 150.00 and ck tig torch about 150.00 with 25 ft.super flex your about 3500.00 to 3600.00 into the machine you want prices go up every year on millers so resale should be Good I paid 2090.00 for my dynasty 200 in 03 or 04 pretty sure I could get that today for it used

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Like I suggested.......for your $3000 Budget.... The Miller Syncrowave 210 is a full featured industrial quality inverter TIG welder.....

with nationwide service and support.... full NO HASSLE warrantee ......

not to mention a massive user base and Miller forum members ready and willing to assist....

Having a large enthusiastic support community is a HUGE plus

Consider the FULL picture
    Last edited by H80N; 10-23-2016, 11:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    Originally posted by FusionKing View Post

OPTION #1.....Does HTP have an authorized service network that can perform warranty repairs?
    OPTION #2.....Or to have a failure repaired during the warranty period, would you be required to ship it back?
    OPTION #3.....Or do they do it like Everlast and talk you thru fixing it yourself?

This is what has kept me from using them. Just no definite here. They could be the worlds best machines. (too small for me now) I like Miller
    No, to Option#1 since as you said, they are imported, and HTP is the sole USA distributor.

It's a combination of #2 and/or #3. You could send it back, OR depending on the issue, if the customer is saavy enough to do some prodding around, they could walk you through some aspects of checking it out. I asked about this, specifically option #3. That way a customer can save time & shipping costs should an issue arise, that can be diagnosed relatively easily.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Very true.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    There are some tradeoffs that you might consider....

If you need to sell or trade up... Miller equipment keeps a VERY high resale value...
    maybe not so much for this Italian import..
    Why is it that even 20-30 year old Miller equipment is in high demand and still brings top dollar in the used market??..

There is a reason for the price difference...

so... how much would you be really saving long term..??

Anything??

just a couple of things to think about before you decide..

The HTP 221 is made by Stel in Italy.
    http://www.stelgroup.it/scheda.aspx?IDp ... ig&LAN=ITA

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Originally posted by OscarJr View Post

No, you don't.
    OPTION #1.....Does HTP have an authorized service network that can perform warranty repairs?
    OPTION #2.....Or to have a failure repaired during the warranty period, would you be required to ship it back?
    OPTION #3.....Or do they do it like Everlast and talk you thru fixing it yourself?

This is what has kept me from using them. Just no definite here. They could be the worlds best machines. (too small for me now) I like Miller

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    I haven't had any issues with mine yet. But the one time I called about a technical question the tech guy seemed to be pretty good. Got me squared away at least. <br />
    <br />
    I'd hope I wouldn't have to send the machine to Italy!
    The importer is a small company with an excellent reputation ...... but they are a small company

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I haven't had any issues with mine yet. But the one time I called about a technical question the tech guy seemed to be pretty good. Got me squared away at least. <br />
    <br />
    I'd hope I wouldn't have to send the machine to Italy!

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post
    If the HTP needs service you will need to ship it to Elk Grove, IL.... (or Italy)...........
    No, you don't.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    If the HTP needs service you will need to ship it to Elk Grove, IL.... (or Italy)...........

Miller has hundreds of authorized local service centers......

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    Originally posted by davidmelley View Post
    Yes don't have enough knowledge to evaluate a used machine. I looked at the htp221 just not sure if i need support if it would be available. I have a friend with a snyc 250 he would sell for 1500 but the thing is huge with the coolmate its over 450lbs. I'm thinking about just saving more while i take tig class at the community college. This will probably tell me what i can live with and without .
    Thanks
    Whenever I needed support, it was always available.

Leave a comment:

• griff01
    replied
    The Syncrowave 250 (for $1500), if it is in decent shape, would be an excellent machine. However, you need to evaluate your electrical supply. The Syncrowave takes a LOT more power than the other machines mentioned.

HTH
    Griff

Leave a comment:

• davidmelley
    replied
    Yes don't have enough knowledge to evaluate a used machine. I looked at the htp221 just not sure if i need support if it would be available. I have a friend with a snyc 250 he would sell for 1500 but the thing is huge with the coolmate its over 450lbs. I'm thinking about just saving more while i take tig class at the community college. This will probably tell me what i can live with and without .
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I have the htp221, it's a decent machine. <br />
    <br />
    Are you ruling out used machines?

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    HTP 221 is an awesome tig.

Leave a comment: