Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Tig machine to grow into

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good Tig machine to grow into

    Comparing machines is a nightmare. I have a MM211 and now i'm looking to start tigging. I want to weld 14 and 16 gauge steel and up to 1/4 inch aluminum. I have a spool gun for 211 and while i like it but i want a nicer looking bead. I think i want HF on start up and some control on bead size. I really like the Dynasty 210 just can not swallow the price. I'm also going back and forth if i need air cooled torch vs coolant. I would like to spend 3k or less with the most features and reliable company for support.
    Last edited by davidmelley; 10-19-2016, 07:11 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by davidmelley View Post
    Comparing machines is a nightmare. I have a MM211 and now i'm looking to start tigging. I want to weld 14 and 16 gauge steel and up to 1/4 inch aluminum. I have a spool gun for 211 and while i like it but i want a nicer looking bead. I think i want HF on start up and some control on bead size. I really like the Dynasty 210 just can not swallow the price. I'm also going back and forth if i need air cooled torch vs coolant. I would like to spend 3k or less with the most features and reliable company for support.
    To stay under $3K and be versatile enough.... I would look at the SYNC 210

    https://www.millerwelds.com/equipmen...welders-m00488

    .

    *******************************************
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

    My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

    Comment


    • #3
      The new Sync 210's you can use a spoolgun also. Nice machine...Bob
      Bob Wright

      Comment


      • #4
        HTP 221 is an awesome tig.
        HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
        HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
        HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
        HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
        HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
        HTP Microcut 875SC

        Comment


        • #5
          I have the htp221, it's a decent machine. <br />
          <br />
          Are you ruling out used machines?

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes don't have enough knowledge to evaluate a used machine. I looked at the htp221 just not sure if i need support if it would be available. I have a friend with a snyc 250 he would sell for 1500 but the thing is huge with the coolmate its over 450lbs. I'm thinking about just saving more while i take tig class at the community college. This will probably tell me what i can live with and without .
            Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              The Syncrowave 250 (for $1500), if it is in decent shape, would be an excellent machine. However, you need to evaluate your electrical supply. The Syncrowave takes a LOT more power than the other machines mentioned.

              HTH
              Griff

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by davidmelley View Post
                Yes don't have enough knowledge to evaluate a used machine. I looked at the htp221 just not sure if i need support if it would be available. I have a friend with a snyc 250 he would sell for 1500 but the thing is huge with the coolmate its over 450lbs. I'm thinking about just saving more while i take tig class at the community college. This will probably tell me what i can live with and without .
                Thanks
                Whenever I needed support, it was always available.
                HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                HTP Microcut 875SC

                Comment


                • #9
                  If the HTP needs service you will need to ship it to Elk Grove, IL.... (or Italy)...........

                  Miller has hundreds of authorized local service centers......
                  .

                  *******************************************
                  The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

                  “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

                  Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

                  My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                  Millermatic 200

                  TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by H80N View Post
                    If the HTP needs service you will need to ship it to Elk Grove, IL.... (or Italy)...........
                    No, you don't.
                    HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                    HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                    HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                    HTP Microcut 875SC

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I haven't had any issues with mine yet. But the one time I called about a technical question the tech guy seemed to be pretty good. Got me squared away at least. <br />
                      <br />
                      I'd hope I wouldn't have to send the machine to Italy!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                        I haven't had any issues with mine yet. But the one time I called about a technical question the tech guy seemed to be pretty good. Got me squared away at least. <br />
                        <br />
                        I'd hope I wouldn't have to send the machine to Italy!
                        The importer is a small company with an excellent reputation ...... but they are a small company
                        .

                        *******************************************
                        The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

                        “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

                        Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

                        My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                        Millermatic 200

                        TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by OscarJr View Post

                          No, you don't.
                          OPTION #1.....Does HTP have an authorized service network that can perform warranty repairs?
                          OPTION #2.....Or to have a failure repaired during the warranty period, would you be required to ship it back?
                          OPTION #3.....Or do they do it like Everlast and talk you thru fixing it yourself?

                          This is what has kept me from using them. Just no definite here. They could be the worlds best machines. (too small for me now) I like Miller

                          www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

                          Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                          Miller WC-115-A
                          Miller Spectrum 300
                          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            There are some tradeoffs that you might consider....

                            If you need to sell or trade up... Miller equipment keeps a VERY high resale value...
                            maybe not so much for this Italian import..
                            .
                            Why is it that even 20-30 year old Miller equipment is in high demand and still brings top dollar in the used market??..

                            There is a reason for the price difference...

                            so... how much would you be really saving long term..??

                            Anything??

                            just a couple of things to think about before you decide..

                            The HTP 221 is made by Stel in Italy.
                            http://www.stelgroup.it/scheda.aspx?IDp ... ig&LAN=ITA

                            .

                            *******************************************
                            The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

                            “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

                            Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

                            My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                            Millermatic 200

                            TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Very true.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X