No announcement yet.

Miller Digital Elite vs Lincoln Viking 3350 4C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried the Lincoln (I didn't like it) but there is a reason why I have a elite and an digital elite at work. The digital elite is my favorite because the big pad on the back, x mode (which the Lincoln does not have)and the replacement glass is easy to purchase because the lws does not carry much for Lincoln welding gear.

Comment

I love the headgear on the digital elite. The sacrificial lens is super easy to replace and the hood is overall very light weight. The Viking has normal everyday headgear as far as I can tell and it felt like any other headgear out there except the Miller. It also felt very heavy to me. It has a much larger front lens, which I really liked, if it wasn't so heavy. No matter what position I held my head in, seemed like I could feel the hood being pulled down in front and I anticipated that it would get uncomfortable after a while. So I passed on the Viking.

Comment

That ESAB one does look pretty sweet, so does the Panoramaxx from Eptrol or however its spelled.

Anyways, isn't the headgear on the elite the gen III or Gen II?
        if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

I have no idea. I was hooked on it immediately when I put it on though.

Comment

Does it have the big pad on the back with the dark blue rubber lining?

The one I have on my Titanium, I got the Gen III for mine when it was released.

Comment

I guess it's kind of big. Bigger than the normal head gear at least.

Comment

http://store.cyberweld.com/miwehegei...FU0lgQodK-0Eyw

That's the Gen III

Comment

Nah, the blue doofloppy on the back of my hood is smaller.

Comment

Aaaaah. Its the Gen II then.

Glad we got this sorted out.

Comment

If you weren't so selfish, you'd give me your genIII.

Comment

I know, its a chronic issue I have... I am working on it.

Comment

Well I haven't used either... but tried on many as I'm considering getting myself a nicer auto darkening hood some day.
                          To me the Miller hoods are lacking covering more of the neck area. Seems like they just feel short when I put one on.

My go to has always been a Jackson fixed #10 gold lens hood for decades. So I always appreciated the larger viewing area when getting into tight spaces to make repairs when I need the extra viewing area to see where I am welding.

To me the shape of the Lincoln seems more like the Jackson. so I'm probably gonna go for one of those.
                          The optical clarity rating of 1/1/1/1 also seems appealing, although not having welded with one I'm not sure how it will be any different than a fixed #10 gold lens?

Not sure if the blue colored arc will be a like or a dislike for me. Maybe others can provide there thoughts on that?

Comment

I know this thread is old, but....

I've been using a Viking 3350 for about 4 years. It was my first "real" welding helmet. The size and clarity of the lens is great. I love the overall size of the helmet; I've never had issues with burning my ears or the back/sides of my neck, but I will get a little red around my shirt collar occasionally. Its also quite durable, as I've dropped (and even lightly thrown ) my helmet numerous times and the lens has not so much as a scratch.

My biggest complaint with it is the battery life. Using the standard CR2450 battery, it could last 6 months, or 2 weeks, with no obvious reason for it. The battery slot also kinda fell apart at one point, so that sucks. Nothing some electrical tape can't help.

Also, as stated in other posts, the headgear leaves something to be desired. I swapped that out for a more comfortable style (not sure the brand, sorry) as soon as I could.

Overall, I'm happy with it. But I'm also too cheap to buy a new helmet, so there you go.

Comment

Working...
                            X