No announcement yet.

Miller Digital Elite vs Lincoln Viking 3350 4C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welding Supplies from IOC has a $25 off (MIR) the Miller Digital Elite thru 12/31
    Richard
    West coast of Florida

Comment

get a 3m speed Glas you won't regret it

Comment

Originally posted by arcsandsparks View Post
        get a 3m speed Glas you won't regret it
        Do people still use them. Nobody I know does...Bob
        Bob Wright

Comment

They used to be the skookum choocher of hoods.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
            Welding Supplies from IOC has a $25 off (MIR) the Miller Digital Elite thru 12/31
            Its a Miller rebate until the end of the year...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

Do any of you own one or have tried one that has any good input on one. I have a NexGen Jackson now and would like to know how they compare.
              Miller 350 LX Tigrunner
              Miller 350P w/XR-Pro
              Miller 250MP w/30A spool
              Miller 211 Autoset
              Hobart Tigwave 250
              Hobart Beta-Mig 251

Comment

Originally posted by Can You Weld This For Me? View Post
                I've got an older elite. It's a pretty lightweight helmet and overall I like it. But the thing that hacks me off is the darn Panasonic batteries it requires. Never fails they'll die and the only thing available locally is Duracell or Energizer that really don't fit.
                I have an older elite that has the same problem, it's been a great hood and still works, but the battery problem gets to me. Being just a hobbyist welder, I'm going back to the old technology. When the weather breaks I going to make a day trip to the welding store and check out a #10 filter Titanium™, 1600i.

Comment

I got a Titanium and I loooooove that flip up lens, makes a world of difference.

The new T94 almost made me loose it when I saw it................................................ ......... ryanjones2150 what do ya say?

The new Optrel Panoramaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx seems pretty cool as well with all this real colour doo hickey stuff rearing its head. None of millers (but the T94) have real colour, the 3350 Viking's from Lincoln do as far as I know with their 4C lens technology.

That alone would make me pick the coloured over green tinted.

I got my eye on the T94 though, that thing is just smackin! Miller did a great job on that, making it look like something cool.
                  if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

I have a halo-x Jackson with the boss lens and a Miller digital elite. My 3-M respirator fits better under the Jackson but other than that I like them both . I also have the Miller coolband, adds a little weight but the fan in it more than makes up for the weight.

Comment

You know more about the hood technology than I do, Oli. I do like the flip up though. I'm finding that I'm starting to be harder on my head gear than I used to be, more work, less time....I get in a hurry and clean it less, take less care of where I lay it down and how I lay it down. I guess sometimes we get that way.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                        You know more about the hood technology than I do, Oli. I do like the flip up though. I'm finding that I'm starting to be harder on my head gear than I used to be, more work, less time....I get in a hurry and clean it less, take less care of where I lay it down and how I lay it down. I guess sometimes we get that way.
                        Its true that I know more about the hood technology but I also get easily excited about useless features so I bring you in to iron out the important from the not

Yeah, seems most people are like that, I know I am. The company hood gets abused pretty bad, especially by me but seems they take it pretty good, haven't had the headgear give out on my Titanium hood yet..... I thought it would be a titanium shell when I got it I was so sad when I found out it was plastic, pulled it out of the box and OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH its sooooo nice, wait a minute, its fuc&$%$^ plastic?! WTF??! Ive been ripped off!!!! yeeeeah, good day that was

Anyways back to bussiness, seems the longer we have something the more careless we get, but then again hoods should be able to withstand my *** landing on it going down the stairs.

I actually only had one head gear break probably on the most important, time sensitive job I was ever part of and it broke right as we were getting going

What do you think of the new T94?

Comment

Really no one has one?
                          Miller 350 LX Tigrunner
                          Miller 350P w/XR-Pro
                          Miller 250MP w/30A spool
                          Miller 211 Autoset
                          Hobart Tigwave 250
                          Hobart Beta-Mig 251

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
                            Really no one has one?
                            What do you want to know? Most of the differences are in the literature. I understand you want a real opinion but what are you looking for?

Comment

Looks pretty motorcycle-ish with the flip open front. I haven't had time to really get my meat hooks into one. The last hood I had was a $45 Hobart something or other and I used that one for YEARS. So moving into the elite and titanium was even more amazing. <br />
                              <br />
                              Bottom line....it still doesn't make you look cool enough Oli. You need that fancy jet fighter esab hood.

Comment

I am just looking for likes and dislikes, I realize the brochure explains it but rather have a person that owns one tell me.
                                Miller 350 LX Tigrunner
                                Miller 350P w/XR-Pro
                                Miller 250MP w/30A spool
                                Miller 211 Autoset
                                Hobart Tigwave 250
                                Hobart Beta-Mig 251

Comment

Working...
                                X