Trying to set paramters at home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to set paramters at home.

I do run wire at work. But now in setting up at home. The wire i have is different. Just curious as to where to start on parameters. I am used to .45 dual shield 7100. I run at 28 volts, 320 wire speed on cv (v sense setting on welder). And about 50 on the 75/25 gas. (Im outside, wind is an issue)

so now, in my garage. Im running a miller 350 and miller extreme suitcase. I have .35 wire bare wire and 75/25 gas. Where should i start?

Comment

Originally posted by lukebickers View Post
      I do run wire at work. But now in setting up at home. The wire i have is different. Just curious as to where to start on parameters. I am used to .45 dual shield 7100. I run at 28 volts, 320 wire speed on cv (v sense setting on welder). And about 50 on the 75/25 gas. (Im outside, wind is an issue)

so now, in my garage. Im running a miller 350 and miller extreme suitcase. I have .35 wire bare wire and 75/25 gas. Where should i start?
      Which 350..............???

MM350............??? SYNC 350.??... DYN 350.??... XMT 350...??

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

You might start here

MIG Calculator (AP)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gas-...896801973?mt=8

MIG resources

https://www.millerwelds.com/resource...ding-resources

Last edited by H80N; 10-17-2016, 05:16 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Xmt 350 cv/cc

Comment

I saw nothing in the app that was a calculator for mig like i hoped it would be. It seems to be for dummies guide. Im looking for a basic parameter that i can start with.

Comment

Originally posted by lukebickers View Post
              I saw nothing in the app that was a calculator for mig like i hoped it would be. It seems to be for dummies guide. Im looking for a basic parameter that i can start with.
              Check the MIG Calculator on these pages

solid wire

https://www.millerwelds.com/resource...ing-calculator

flux core

https://www.millerwelds.com/resource...ing-calculator

Last edited by H80N; 10-17-2016, 06:00 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

Look up the wire you want to use from the manufacturer like here: http://www.hobartbrothers.com/upload...eets/HB_28.pdf
                The suggested parameter range for the wire is in the literature. Lincoln has similar info available for their wire on their site as well. I'd start mid range and see if I liked what it does.
                ---Meltedmetal

Comment

As a base line, if you are welding 1/4" material, with that short arc 75/25 .035, try voltage 19 wire about 290. Adjust from there. I know some guys will disagree, but it is a place to start. For thinner material, turn it down!

Comment

Cc/Cv?

Comment

These days wire welding is usually CV.
                      ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Working...
                      X