Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duaneb55
    replied
    Definitely fed 115VAC into the 18VDC trigger circuit if the original wires in the WC-1 weren't disconnected so the damage to the MM250 is now done.

However, if the WC-1 has SPOT control a slightly different wiring rearrangement would have been required than what cruizer outlined but the necessary end result the same in that the original 115VAC power removed from the picture.

I highly recommend you not attempt connecting the WC-1/SM-1 to the L-Tec and get the correct setup next time or you're likely to wind up with two dead machines.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    May have cooked Q52 diode on the 250's board

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Cause you didnt disconnect the wires off CR!, the idea here was to dry connect the new wires to CR1, Thought that was clear. Guess not. A simple looksee at the diagram would have told you what to do.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Mcwelding1 View Post
    Kinda think I back fed 115v through the two pin trigger on the welder.
    OUCH..!!!

coupla wires crossed....???

Leave a comment:

• Mcwelding1
    replied
    Kinda think I back fed 115v through the two pin trigger on the welder.

Leave a comment:

• Mcwelding1
    replied
    So I did this and all was going good until I tried hooking up the trigger. Something went pop and now my 250 wont feed wire or start an arc with the trigger. ;It does turn on but I have no clue what's wrong. Blew something up I guess

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by cruizer View Post
    Seems to me that if you disconnected the jumpers at #2 and #3, (CR1) you could run separate trigger wires to that CR1 at the same places you took the other ones off of. To the machines trigger ( where the existing mig gun plugs into. So you would need a simular connector like the mig has.. Plug the WC-1 in the wall, and hook up its arc cable to the positive on the feeder, then merely flip the drive wheels open on the feeder when you want to run the spool gun.
    Cruizer....

Clever... common sense solution.....................
    Last edited by H80N; 10-11-2016, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mcwelding1
    replied
    Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Seems to me that if you disconnected the jumpers at #2 and #3, (CR1) you could run separate trigger wires to that CR1 at the same places you took the other ones off of. To the machines trigger ( where the existing mig gun plugs into. So you would need a simular connector like the mig has.. Plug the WC-1 in the wall, and hook up its arc cable to the positive on the feeder, then merely flip the drive wheels open on the feeder when you want to run the spool gun.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Once it is set up there shouldn't be much trouble though correct? Not tyring to be a pain in the *** but id much rather just use the control box that I already have than to drop more money on it.
    This should be your manual..............

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow.../O1210_MIL.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Mcwelding1
    replied
    Once it is set up there shouldn't be much trouble though correct? Not tyring to be a pain in the *** but id much rather just use the control box that I already have than to drop more money on it.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    That would do the trick, your saying it probably isn't worth the time trying to rig up the control box than?
    Depends on if it is more cost effective for you weld chargeable hours .... or if adapting to save a few bucks is a better solution..for your situation...??

do you make more money welding or tinkering .....???

Leave a comment:

• Mcwelding1
    replied
    That would do the trick, your saying it probably isn't worth the time trying to rig up the control box than?

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Its a an old spoolmatic 1 so I believe I do need the control box? Also I don't have the spoil gun module on the front anyways. Just tryna get by on the cheap!
    FWIW...... 10-Pin Module #043084

http://www.brweldingsupplies.com/mil...module-10-pin/

Leave a comment:

• Mcwelding1
    replied
    Its a an old spoolmatic 1 so I believe I do need the control box? Also I don't have the spoil gun module on the front anyways. Just tryna get by on the cheap!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X