Connecting wc1 to millermatic 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting wc1 to millermatic 250

I just bought a wc1 controller with spoolmatic gun and an having trouble figuring out how to connect the control box to my mm250. Cant quite figure out how to wire in the 115v contactors. The welder does not have the spool gun module and if it's easier I also have a l-tec migmaster 250 that it could be connected to. Any help would be great, thanks!
    Last edited by Mcwelding1; 10-11-2016, 10:16 AM.

Originally posted by Mcwelding1 View Post
    I just bought a wc1 controller with spoolmatic gun and an having trouble figuring out how to connect the control box to my mm250.  Cant quite figure out how to wire in the 115v contactors.  The welder does not have the spool gun module and if it's easier I also have a l-tec migmaster 250 that it could be connected to.  Any help would be great, thanks! 
    Which model spoolmatic..??

Have you checked the hookup chart...???

You may not need the WC-1.... it may be direct connect (with the 10-Pin Module #043084)

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/...n-hookup-chart

Last edited by H80N; 10-11-2016, 10:33 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Its a an old spoolmatic 1 so I believe I do need the control box? Also I don't have the spoil gun module on the front anyways. Just tryna get by on the cheap!

Comment

Its a an old spoolmatic 1 so I believe I do need the control box? Also I don't have the spoil gun module on the front anyways. Just tryna get by on the cheap!
        FWIW...... 10-Pin Module #043084

http://www.brweldingsupplies.com/mil...module-10-pin/

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

That would do the trick, your saying it probably isn't worth the time trying to rig up the control box than?

Comment

That would do the trick, your saying it probably isn't worth the time trying to rig up the control box than?
            Depends on if it is more cost effective for you weld chargeable hours .... or if adapting to save a few bucks is a better solution..for your situation...??

do you make more money welding or tinkering .....???

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

Once it is set up there shouldn't be much trouble though correct? Not tyring to be a pain in the ass but id much rather just use the control box that I already have than to drop more money on it.

Comment

Once it is set up there shouldn't be much trouble though correct? Not tyring to be a pain in the ass but id much rather just use the control box that I already have than to drop more money on it.
                This should be your manual..............

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow.../O1210_MIL.pdf

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

Seems to me that if you disconnected the jumpers at #2 and #3, (CR1) you could run separate trigger wires to that CR1 at the same places you took the other ones off of. To the machines trigger ( where the existing mig gun plugs into. So you would need a simular connector like the mig has.. Plug the WC-1 in the wall, and hook up its arc cable to the positive on the feeder, then merely flip the drive wheels open on the feeder when you want to run the spool gun.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                      Seems to me that if you disconnected the jumpers at #2 and #3, (CR1) you could run separate trigger wires to that CR1 at the same places you took the other ones off of. To the machines trigger ( where the existing mig gun plugs into. So you would need a simular connector like the mig has.. Plug the WC-1 in the wall, and hook up its arc cable to the positive on the feeder, then merely flip the drive wheels open on the feeder when you want to run the spool gun.
                      Cruizer....

Clever... common sense solution.....................
                      Last edited by H80N; 10-11-2016, 03:21 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

So I did this and all was going good until I tried hooking up the trigger. Something went pop and now my 250 wont feed wire or start an arc with the trigger. ;It does turn on but I have no clue what's wrong. Blew something up I guess

Comment

Kinda think I back fed 115v through the two pin trigger on the welder.

Comment

Kinda think I back fed 115v through the two pin trigger on the welder.
                            OUCH..!!!

coupla wires crossed....???

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

Cause you didnt disconnect the wires off CR!, the idea here was to dry connect the new wires to CR1, Thought that was clear. Guess not. A simple looksee at the diagram would have told you what to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X