X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishbum
    replied
    I have that same spool gun. Sucking air around
    top of tube. I have to run more wire feed than I think I should.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Can you put up a couple of pictures of your welds?

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    If that wasn't working you wold not have much power if any.... I still think you have your leads on wrong.

Leave a comment:

• nulla
    replied
    is it possible that the 230v part of the machine is defective? looking for someone in los angeles, ca that can do repair.

Leave a comment:

• nulla
    replied
    yes I am on 100% argon, i did not change my wire positions so i should be on positive lugs. i am testing on 1/8" and 1/4" there is no penetration. i just tried it on 110V it works better, i get penetration but there is still lot's of white smoke. thanks

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Also leave the gun on the positive lug.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    How thick is the aluminum? Old stuff is hard to prep esp if there is a seam that has crap in it...Bob

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by nulla View Post
    i have a miller 211using spool mate 100 series. i am not a professional welder but did aluminum welding before on a number of projects with the same equipment. i am now retrofitting an aluminum trailer and i cannot get my equipment to work properly. i get lots of smoke and the aluminum wire is not penetrating the aluminum. i clean with acetone and steel brush. i have tried different settings, wire feed and voltage nothing seems to work. i am connected to 220 voltage. thx
    100% ARGON.... Not C25,,,???

Leave a comment:

• nulla
    started a topic Lot's of smoke, welding aluminum

Lot's of smoke, welding aluminum

i have a miller 211using spool mate 100 series. i am not a professional welder but did aluminum welding before on a number of projects with the same equipment. i am now retrofitting an aluminum trailer and i cannot get my equipment to work properly. i get lots of smoke and the aluminum wire is not penetrating the aluminum. i clean with acetone and steel brush. i have tried different settings, wire feed and voltage nothing seems to work. i am connected to 220 voltage. thx
Working...
X