Serial Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Number

I'm looking at a MM 252 on Indianapolis Craigslist and the guy says he bought it new in 2011, but the serial # is LJ030206B, isn't that a 2008 build date ? If so is it unusual for a machine to stay on the shelf for 3 years ? I find that serial number chart a bit confusing ? probably just me !

Yes-that is a 2008 serial number. It is certainly possible that it sat on a shelf for three years. May not be common-don't know-but certainly possible. Aametalmaster may be able to shed some might on that as a Miller sales guy.

Comment

Maybe a small dealer like where I work. I am sure machines have been there at least 1 year. My MM185 sat for so long when I bought it the MM210's rolled right in its place...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

And don't take everything on CL for the gospel. Lots of shady stuff goes on there...Bob
        Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
          Yes-that is a 2008 serial number. It is certainly possible that it sat on a shelf for three years. May not be common-don't know-but certainly possible. Aametalmaster may be able to shed some might on that as a Miller sales guy.
          I agree.... 2008

check for yourself

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/serial-number-chart

sales date has no bearing on actual age.... the serial number does

the serial number says mid-late 2008.... unless it has been altered.... 2008 it is...........

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Working...
          X