MM140 was supposed to have a problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM140 was supposed to have a problem.

Had a MM140 come into the store today for me to look at. The customer also had a "spare" Miller gun that didn't look any better than the one on the machine. Hooked up a bottle of 75/25 then walked across the street to my van and got my new Miller M-15 gun from the box. Removed his gun and put mine on and the welder worked great. Its a body shop welder and i could have sat there all day spot welding the sheets of metal he brought along. So i looked at his guns. One had more electrical tape on the neck than my co worker has in his desk. So i removed the tape and the gooseneck fell off. It was not connected to anything except the liner. I could see the brass smoke inside the handle and all of the arc marks on the brass where it was trying to work. So i took the 2nd gun that wasn't hooked up and removed the liner that had at least 3 big kinks in it plus had been chopped off too short then stretched to try to make it work. So a new liner and a screw that was missing and some nozzle end parts and everything is fine. Its amazing how the machine always get the blame for not working...Bob
    Bob Wright

Ha! Nice.

Comment

Working...
    X