X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Bender569 View Post
    Does the syncrowave 200 have a gas soilnoid? I've read a few reviews that the only gas on and off is with the shut off on the torch.
    Yes the Syncrowave 200 does have a gas solenoid

here is the manual

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow...25389X_MIL.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Bender569
    replied
    Does the syncrowave 200 have a gas soilnoid? I've read a few reviews that the only gas on and off is with the shut off on the torch.

Leave a comment:

• bederer
    replied
    As others have mentioned, go bigger! My diversion 180 popped just out of warranty with light use and as I have found out, they are very expensive to repair. $1200 for a control board and labor for a part that seems to fail much more frequently than Miller will admit to. Welcome to the world of disposable welders I guess! In a pinch, and for the same money as the repair I picked up an Everlast 200DV and have been really happy with it. I just needed to get a couple jobs done and Amazon had it to my door faster than the Diversion could get fixed so I rolled the dice.

It's actually been a pretty good welder (knock on wood). A friend picked up one for his shop after using mine, using the same "disposable tool" mentality and he has been really happy with his as well.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    That's exactly how I've done it. I like to use a die grinder and carbide burr, it seems a little easier to for fine control.

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    Random thought, when you grind bevels on broken off pieces, bevel both sides (top and bottom, front and back) but leave a small land in the center so that you can fit the part back exactly where it came from. The rough edges of the break will fit together like a puzzle piece.

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    WOW! Nice link , I've used Kroil for decades thought it was the best I'll have to try that ATF and Acetone mix on my next stuck nut... or bolt.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I've used the same acetone/atf solution, works really good.

Leave a comment:

• snoeproe
    replied
    The square wave 200 is a stick welder as well as tig. The diversion is only a tig welder. Not much to compare there in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Auto_Tech
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldgrandad View Post
    I have welded my fair share of transmission ears back on and cracked housings. Grind out the cracks or bevel the edges of broke pieces wash down with acetone and weld away. If you end up with a smaller machine just preheat the aluminum with a torch. With a good preheat even the thick stuff will weld easy. If you strike the arc and you don't get a weld pool right away, give it more preheat.

Thank you Oldgrandad.. I'm a big believer in acetone as a cleaner for aluminum welding and for other things -- I even use it mixed with ATF in place of PB Blaster to free rusted/stuck nuts and bolts (see below) -- the only thing you need to "manage" is acetone's tendency to evaporate rapidly --- beats every other penetrant including the super "freeze" / chill ones I've used..............

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/t...-bolts.773380/

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    I have welded my fair share of transmission ears back on and cracked housings. Grind out the cracks or bevel the edges of broke pieces wash down with acetone and weld away. If you end up with a smaller machine just preheat the aluminum with a torch. With a good preheat even the thick stuff will weld easy. If you strike the arc and you don't get a weld pool right away, give it more preheat.

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    I have a syncrowave 250, 225 precision tig, and 2- 275 precision tig's. I've done a lot of thick aluminum on all of those machines the 225 could NOT hang The 250 and the 275 all preform beautiful. I would get a used 250 or bigger to do the job. You won't be disappointed or let down by the bigger machines. And buying used you can stay on budget.

Leave a comment:

• HGR44117
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post
    OR.... if you are willing to travel..........

Gina seems to get them in often

https://hgrinc.com/?all=1&view&aisle...max_price&pn=1

Awww, thanks! I appreciate you sending a referral. I love working at HGR! It's a cool place to wander. And, eat free lunch and donuts. I am gaining weight.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    OR.... if you are willing to travel..........

Gina seems to get them in often

https://hgrinc.com/?all=1&view&aisle...max_price&pn=1

Leave a comment:

• Auto_Tech
    replied
    Many Thanks H80N

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Keep checking auctions & C/L in your area

http://richmond.craigslist.org/searc...l&query=welder

you will find one...............