Airco wasp 225/200 amp parts and manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airco wasp 225/200 amp parts and manuals

Hello I'm looking for parts and a parts manual for an airco 25/200 amp wasp AC/DC weld generator serial number 72–635951 looking for a rheostat selector and the charging resister which is 6 inches long with two wires coming out for the 12 volt circuit the rheostat is arching and flashing behind the panel the little block on the hinge end of the pointer fell out I tried cleaning it and putting it back in place it still falls out . It runs in Welds on AC and DC side makes power too just need those parts I think Miller made them for Airco.thanks for any help Darrin

If your welder is newer than the early 1970's, it will be in the Miller online download section.

The Airco and Miller serial numbers are different, but generally Airco units look exactly the same as Miller, just a different color.

This is what I have done when looking for info. Look online for a photo of a Miller that looks similar, to get the name. Then go to the ‘Manuals & Parts’ download, and download manuals until you find one that matches. Tedious, but it works.

The drop-down menu under "Have an older model or don't know your serial number?" is searchable by typing in the first few letters of the name. You can then scroll up or down to see if there are different models with similar names. (Such as AC-DC, AC only, different amps, etc).

Try different spellings if you cannot find it right away.
    I searched all over for the "Miller M-250". It was under "T" as "Two-Fifty". Reeeeeealy tedious, but I found it eventually.

Generally serial numbers are alphabetical, A = older, Z = newer.

Manual download is found at:
    (Miller home page. Support. Manuals and Parts. "Have an older model or don't know your serial number?")

Good luck.

Comment

You were also looking for parts. Many people on this forum recommend "Miller4Less.com."

I have not bought parts for my welder, so I do not have personal experience with them. I have used their site to check prices and availability of parts for older welders. Their website allows searching with the Miller part number from the Parts manual. Simple.

Comment

Thanks Stefan 7 I will try that sounds like a good idea .i really appreciate it !
        If anyone else has any input on this machine that would be great like anything too look out for or possibly a way to update the charging system seems a little ancient of a setup .Has a weird broken resister and the rectifier looks like to peices of sheet metal with a wire to it ?i will try to post. Pic later thanks

Comment

My company carries lots of older and used welders pretty cheap that people often buy for parts.
          Gina M. Tabasso
          HGR Industrial Surplus
          www.hgrinc.com

Comment

Originally posted by HGR44117 View Post
            My company carries lots of older and used welders pretty cheap that people often buy for parts.
            Here's the airco's I found:
            We buy & sell used manufacturing machinery, industrial equipment and surplus items. New inventory daily and we offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
            Gina M. Tabasso
            HGR Industrial Surplus
            www.hgrinc.com

Comment

Thanks Gina!but I have a gas drive wasp here's some pics that orange square is the rectifier and the resister to the right in the first picture has a rotted tap band need to find one or configure something different I found a 75 watt. 3 ohm on amazon that would prob work any thoughts ?
              thanks D

Comment

Found out why it was arching behind the panel

Comment

Says on the rheostat type r150 150 watts
                  series 15a 030664 wich is the miller part. #
                  50ohm 1.73 amp made by Memcor my question is do I have to stay at the same amp and same ohm # or can I go up on ohm and amps ?Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Wattage is calculated by current squared x resistance, so 1.732 x 50 = 150 watts rounded off; the numbers you have make sense. You can go up in wattage, but not down, the only concern being that if you find say a 200 watt, it might be too large to fit in the space. If there is room, you can use any wattage 150 or above. The resistance (ohms) should be the same. If you use a different resistance, it will affect the range and sensitivity of your current adjustment, so I would stay with 50 ohms. Rheostats are pretty robust, but a common failure mode is the spring tension holding the wiper against the wire winding gets weak with age and the wiper no longer holds tightly against the wire winding, it gets hot, and soon looks like yours. Sometimes the ceramic form around which the wire is wrapped gets cracked, giving the same results due to lack of solid contact with the wiper. If you should find a used one, look out for those things. Good luck!

Newegg.com has those for around $25 if the mounting arrangement will work for you. These are for blenders, but it seems if watts and resistance are the same, it ought to work; anyone see any reason why not? Industrial units are around a hundred bucks.
                    Last edited by Aeronca41; 09-15-2016, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply I will check out the site talked to miller today and they said they discontinued the part in 2009 I will check the site you recommended also I talked to Larry today at Weldmart great people over there they also have one available with a warranty .thanks again

Comment

That's a pretty generic part-should be able to get it from any electronics supplier like Newark, Allied, Mouser, etc. Only concern might be with the mounting arrangement.

Comment

Got the rheostat and resister ordered should be in next week.Thanks for all your help anybody else have this machine ?A lot less complex then my aead 200le 1982 model

Comment

Anyone have one of these or the miller and had any issues with theirs ?

Comment

Got the rheostat in tonight and it works great ! Waiting on the resister for the charging circuit to hopefully get it to charge the battery then I need to set the rpm for the proper hertz out put when it's in power mode seems a little high when I plug my grinder in .A Big thanks to Aeronca 41 !

Comment

Working...
                              X