Lincoln's Warranty now beats Miller's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice try...BUT....

value... price.... and warranty claims have ZERO meaning if we are not looking at comparable machines

The current Miller lineup is more advanced than your Lincoln 225 ,,,,so a comparison is not possible...........

And while that cutesy pie chart is colorful.... it has nothing to do with your question... so don't try to blow smoke up our dress..

You came here with preconceived notions having made your choice and purchase....

Good Luck to you

I have owned and operated dozens of different brands/models of welding machines since I learned to weld in 1968

For me............. I am very happy with my Miller machines... and yes they cost a little more...
    but well worth the value-per-dollar for me..
    Last edited by H80N; 09-03-2016, 01:11 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Personally, Miller for the most part in static garage machines (Plug in) are far superior to Lincoln. Lincoln does make better engine driven welders. And industrial static machine both tend to copy one another...

Comment

My take on the subject of warranties is from my own experience with my local welding distributor.

Please excuse if I have posted this previously.

Bought my Dynasty 350 on 3 April 2008

Miller Dynasty 350
        Serial Number: LH 480 241 L (pre-Blue Lightning)

Distributor: GTS – Conshocken, PA – Earl Kirbyson
        Software number: 224545 D

Displayed “HELP 31” message.
        Arc time: 12 hours 47 minutes
        Cycles: 3400

Brought it to Power Source who fixed it under warranty.
        I now have 345 hours 57 min and 131419 Cycles (arc starts.)

No worries about the Miller Dynasty but I would like to offer my experience
        with Earl and GTS - (now Praxair) regarding my Hypertherm PMX 1000 plasma cutter.

I bought a Hypertherm 1000 at an Open House at Earl's GTS as it was too good a deal to pass up.
        It sat in my garage for about 18 months until I had a job which needed lots of pieces of 1/4" stainless cut.
        (Most people can't wait to try out a new piece of equipment but I didn't have an air compressor when I bought my plasma
        cutter.)
        So I bought a 220 volt compressor and hooked it up to the the Hypertherm 1000.
        No luck - tried everything but still no go.
        Kicked myself many times for not testing it sooner as it was out of warranty - my fault completely.
        2 months later at the next GTS Open House, I mentioned my trouble to Earl who said "talk to Pat".
        Pat was the regional manager for Hypertherm and was at GTS when I bought the unit.
        Pat listened to me and then said "Let me make a call".
        About 15 minutes later, Pat came back and said, "Bring it to Power Source and they will fix it"
        Told Pat it was out of warranty and my fault for not testing it sooner.
        "Not to worry" was his reply and true to his word, it was repaired at no cost to me.

A warranty is only as good as the company behind it and the local support.

PS - I had been looking into a Dynasty 210 as I needed a 120 volt TIG unit for some small jobs where 240 was not
        available.
        Found one on ebay for a good price and was tempted to buy it.
        Then at the December 2015 GTS Open House, I showed the ebay price and they matched it.
        I now have dueling Dynastys.

Trust your local welding distributor.

I'm only a bozo hobby welder but I will go back to this company as long as I can weld.
        Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

Working...
        X