Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aeronca41
    • Jun 2014

H80N, that is just amazing history! Thank you for posting. Your dad must have been quite a guy-that's real cutting edge stuff that moved the industry.

Comment

• H80N
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
      H80N, that is just amazing history! Thank you for posting. Your dad must have been quite a guy-that's real cutting edge stuff that moved the industry.
      Yes he was..... kinda digressed from the topic though...

anyway... these were factors that colored my views of recorded music.............

Thus... I really like Knopfler because of his meticulous attention to detail in both his playing and studio mastering
      Last edited by H80N; 08-23-2016, 09:26 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

• aametalmaster
        Chairman Of The Board
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by H80N View Post

I am lucky... my father was a genius and probably the best audio engineer of the 50's and 60's......
        he invented and designed many things in the field that are still considered the gold standard....
        including the "Fairchild 670"
        That is so cool and great. About the only invention my family was good at was trailer hitches and boat trailers...Bob
        Bob Wright

Comment

• OscarJr
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by H80N View Post
          We all have our own personal preferences................................

But you might take some time to listen to Knopfler... the studio work... not the live stuff
          Yea I've listened to some of the DIre Straits stuff, very meticulous clean picking/plucking. It is surely the envy of many guitarists out there. I still remember first hearing Sultans of Swing on the "classic rock" radio station sometime in the 80s, was totally blown away at the time. And this thread has officially gone off track, lol.
          HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
          HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
          HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
          HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
          HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
          HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

• Aeronca41
            • Jun 2014

...but what cool stuff we learn when we go off track!

Comment

• H80N
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post

Yea I've listened to some of the DIre Straits stuff, very meticulous clean picking/plucking. It is surely the envy of many guitarists out there. I still remember first hearing Sultans of Swing on the "classic rock" radio station sometime in the 80s, was totally blown away at the time. And this thread has officially gone off track, lol.
              Most folks are unaware of how much he has really done... it is a pretty broad an large body of work

BTW... not totally off track... music and welding share a lot... in style..rhythm and energy..........

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
              Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

• ryanjones2150
                • Jul 2014

"Officially Unsynthesized" <br />
                <br />
                ....or something like that was printed on their album covers.

Comment

Working...
                X