• Show
Clear All

• H80N
    replied
    PLS.... Do keep us posted.....

Leave a comment:

• Jayare123
    replied
    Update again. Whatever they tightened before was not the problem. Welded fine for a bit then malfunctioned again. Took it back to the shop they say they have now replaced all the boards except one. Worked fine for the rest of the day after I picked it up at lunch today. We'll see how it goes. Just figured I'd keep posting in this thread until the problem is remedied, which is hopefully now, just in case someone else has similar issues they can at least find this. I searched and searched the web and couldn't find anyone with a problem like this and I feel that it's unlikely given the amount of machines out there that mine is the only one to have this happen. But maybe so

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Thanks for the update. Sounds much more like the Miller I know.

Leave a comment:

• Jayare123
    replied
    It malfunctioned again and I took a bunch of videos this time of the screen and arc. I took it to a different service center than before because I have moved since. Of course when I got there with the machine it was working fine again so I showed them the videos and they sent them to Miller. Found something loose on the back of my ground lead plug inside the machine. Hopefully that fixed the issue tho they said they couldn't get the problem to occur for them. They billed Miller the labor since it seems that it may have been loose from the get go. I did want to say that I feel much much better about the support I received from Miller this time and the shop I took it to was much much more helpful than the previous one. Hopefully it keeps welding great because I love the machine just frustrating when stuff like that happens I'm a welder not an electrician by any means so I really have no capability to diagnose/fix anything inside a machine. So as of now I found a great local repair shop and I'm feeling much better about the care I received from Miller. Just wanted to update for y'all. Thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Hope Miller straightens out their authorized dealer there too. I had a local Mikita dealer try that game with me once. I told them that I think Mikita might like to talk to them about this "no warranty-warranty work" they wanted to charge me for. They told me not to worry about it. I called Mikita anyway. I wonder if that Miller shop there has a habit of doing that to their customers like my local Mikita dealer does.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Great news! I could not imagine the treatment you were getting-that is just not how Miller works. Hang in there-hope you find the problem soon!

Leave a comment:

• Jayare123
    replied
    I spoke with some different guys from Miller today and yesterday. They were much more helpful. They gave me some things to try next time it malfunctions to help identify the problem, and told me if i got it in to the shop next time it malfunctions they would work on getting me reimbursed for the first time I took it in. No point in taking it in right now tho because it's working right again.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Sounds like someone's LWS is cheating them out of their money. As far as the reply from the miller guy on the phone telling him to sell it and hope for the best....well that's an interesting take on customer service. Maybe it was an intern or something. I hope so at least.
    Yeah, this is just not consistent with Miller quality and support. I'm sure they will make it right.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Sounds like someone's LWS is cheating them out of their money. As far as the reply from the miller guy on the phone telling him to sell it and hope for the best....well that's an interesting take on customer service. Maybe it was an intern or something. I hope so at least.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Any progress?

Leave a comment:

• Jayare123
    replied
    Na. Just a tripod stand made of pipe. No electrical at all. Nothing else was even running in the shop except lights... Gave my number to Miller. Hope to hear from them soon.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Are you trying to weld on a table that has a power plug attached to it. i've ran into a simular problem like this before

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Thank you, Miller Welders! Hope you can get this straightened out. This thread is beyond belief to me. A Miller rep saying, "sell it and hope it works long enough....."? On a warranty machine? That is just bizarre! I have to say if I had read this a couple of years ago I would have thought long and hard before buying my Dynasty 200DX.

Leave a comment:

• Miller Welders
    replied
    Hi, Jayare123. Please email us at [email protected] with your phone number so we can give you a call.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Jayare123
    replied
    View My Video
    http://tinypic.com/r/2llziuh/9
    theres a video of it. hope it works. thats using a button remote with no amp control, it just flashes an arc not even long enough to make a puddle. if i use lift arc it will arc for that same short amount of time just like the spurts in the video but it won't keep going like that it'll just flash the arc one time, you can try to restart it but won't hold it on just flashes. does the same as the button remote if i use the thumb wheel remote amp control. I'm so confused. I never seem to do anything to cause it but set the torch down and come back. when it started acting up yesterday i was welding a root pass in, i laid the torch down smoked a cigarette and came back and when i went to strike an arc it was doing the thing. so nothing happened as far as i could tell to cause it. i didn't move anything at all didn't touch any buttons didn't have a remote on. I tried factory reset and nothing. go back out to the shop this morning and its welding fine again. oh and the video is not from yesterdays episode its from months ago, machine is on ac in vid
    Last edited by Jayare123; 08-09-2016, 12:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X