My antique TIG welders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My antique TIG welders.

I have had two of these little TIG welders for more than 7 or 8 years and never saw them work. I got them from the LWS where I work now. I made this brass adaptor for the torch hook up and the gas hose. I bought a new power cable and a 17V torch. Tomorrow I will give them a try. Need to go turn down the brass for the ground cable...Bob
    Bob Wright

Hope it works, might be a nice low amp unit
    Richard
    West coast of Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
      Hope it works, might be a nice low amp unit
      Thanks. They are 75 amp machines..Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

Where would a machine like that be used? Maybe in an electronics shop? Kind of looks like those really small tig welders some Jewelers use.

Comment

They welded SS tubing like real small stuff..Bob
          Bob Wright

Comment

Got everything hooked up and no arc. The machine was orig computer driven when it was an orbital welder. It has HF inside as I saw a spark plug and a coil. So do I need to run a remote trigger or foot switch? I was just under the impression that it would just weld, but I don't have much tig no how. I can take pics of the inside...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
              Got everything hooked up and no arc. The machine was orig computer driven when it was an orbital welder. It has HF inside as I saw a spark plug and a coil. So do I need to run a remote trigger or foot switch? I was just under the impression that it would just weld, but I don't have much tig no how. I can take pics of the inside...Bob
              Bob............

looks like Liburdi Engineering Limited bought out "Dimetrics" who look like the original makers of your "Centaur 75" orbital TIG supplies

Maybe they can give you an interface pinout & or manual...............

http://www.liburdi.com/welding-systems-overview

From he look of your faceplate pic I would guess them to be mid-late 1970's vintage
              .... should be relatively simple to figure out which pins start the sequence on the "REMOTE" connector
              Last edited by H80N; 08-07-2016, 05:59 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
              Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Thanks. I will open the cover and see inside again. I know the coil looks like a Ford early 70's vintage...Bob
                Bob Wright

Comment

Bob

any luck on docs..............???...........

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 200

Comment

No not yet. I can't open it back up until this weekend. Thanks...Bob
                    Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

Bob............

looks like Liburdi Engineering Limited bought out "Dimetrics" who look like the original makers of your "Centaur 75" orbital TIG supplies

Maybe they can give you an interface pinout & or manual...............

http://www.liburdi.com/welding-systems-overview

From he look of your faceplate pic I would guess them to be mid-late 1970's vintage
                      .... should be relatively simple to figure out which pins start the sequence on the "REMOTE" connector
                      I would call Liburdi and see if they have the docs and connector pinouts.........

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                      X