X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post
    I have always used Meguiar's Plexi polish or the military "Type L" liquid plastic polish....... for both aircraft plexiglass windows and general purpose plastic polihing

the Meguiar"s Plexi polish is now called PlastX™ Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish
    and should be readily available at the FBO of your local small airport

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...leaner-polish/
    Good info. Thanks. Can't remember how many bottles of the military stuff I used- but that was 40+ years ago. And really haven't thought much about it since until I saw Don's post. I've just been replacing the cover plate in my hood. Could clean 'em up and see better between replacements.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    I have always used Meguiar's Plexi polish or the military "Type L" liquid plastic polish....... for both aircraft plexiglass windows and general purpose plastic polihing

the Meguiar"s Plexi polish is now called PlastX™ Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish
    and should be readily available at the FBO of your local small airport

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...leaner-polish/
    Last edited by H80N; 08-01-2016, 09:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Thank you. I'm ordering some.

Leave a comment:

• Don52
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
    That is amazing. Where did you buy the stuff?
    I bought it on eBay.
    I bought the set shown below which also contained the #1 & #3 as well for almost the same money.

Just Google "Novus#2"
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    That is amazing. Where did you buy the stuff?

Leave a comment:

• Don52
    started a topic Novus #2

Novus #2

Jody Collier from "Welding Tips and Tricks.com" recommended using a plastic abrasive called Novus #2 to clean the cover plates on welding hoods. This weekend I used it to clean the plastic covers on my pedestal grinder. It worked like a charm. Below are before and after pictures.
    Don
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Don52; 07-31-2016, 08:47 PM.
Working...
X