Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MM185 trouble with one that came in our store today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM185 trouble with one that came in our store today.

A guy drove about 40 miles for me to look at his MM185 that wouldn't arc if he touched the ground with the wire. He had the covers off the machine and it had just been blown out clean and it was in the back of his suv. I said lets unload it and roll it in the bay. Our company isn't equipped to work on welders in general we just sell them but I am there always to help. Plugged her in and she turned on and I pressed the trigger and she arced just as it was supposed to do. The nozzle was missing and no gas bottle but I could make it weld with no problem. I said there is nothing wrong with your machine go back and check the voltage at the wall plug. Sold him 2 new nozzles and he was on his way for 20 bucks. Always there to help. And I told him the MM185 was the best running machine Miller ever made and they screwed up trying to make it better with the 210. But that's just my thought and I am going to make my MM185 last another 20 years because I don't like any of the "new" models offered. And I sell them all...Bob
    Last edited by aametalmaster; 07-29-2016, 09:45 PM.
    Bob Wright

Bob, he most likely had the heat selector switch in between settings so he had no output. Probably got bumped into position during the loading and unloading.

Kevin
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller Kevin View Post
      Bob, he most likely had the heat selector switch in between settings so he had no output. Probably got bumped into position during the loading and unloading.

Kevin
      I got bit by that very problem several years ago. Sure was embarrassing. Embarrassment and pain are two very good teachers!

Griff

Comment

Working...
      X