Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUPER CHEAP Lincoln Excalibur 7018/5P+/Pipeliner 6P+ !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPER CHEAP Lincoln Excalibur 7018/5P+/Pipeliner 6P+ !!!

I can't remember if I had mentioned this or not in another thread here, but my local Home Depot has 50lb tins of made-in-the-USA
    • Excalibur 7018 1/8": $63.72
    • Fleetweld 5P+ 6010, 1/8": $68.00
    • Pipeliner 6P+, 1/8": $70.00
    • Fleetweld 5P+ 6010, 5/32": $66.00
    • Pipeliner 6P+, 5/32": 68.00

Yes, you read those right. They've been at those prices since sometime last year when I first went looking at prices for SMAW rods. Thinking it might have been a mistake, I stocked up and now have around ten, 50lb tins of this stuff.

Over on weldingweb, lots have taken advantage of this superb pricing. You end up getting awesome rods for $1.28-$1.40/pound. I just went today and snapped this pic. These things ain't going no where, except the door-steps of those who order these from the Home Depot website. Just select Laredo Store #6540, and then have it shipped to your home, FOR FREE. You can't beat that.

Pic taken today.

These are not some Lincoln reject tins made in some unknown place. They bear the same label as tins you can find at your LWS's (as I have).

The only bad thing is that since they have to be shipped, usually drop shipped from a Lincoln distribution warehouse, some had ended up with some flux knocked off the rods, but the most I've seen reported is around 5lbs. Even then, the flux gets knocked of the ends most of the time, rendering the majority of the "damaged" rods still useable if you slice off the end without flux. Even if you did manage to have to throw away 5lbs, you're still way ahead.

Happy ordering! Get them while they're hot!!
    HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
    HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
    HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Wow... it's been awhile since bought rods cause I'm running wire feeder in field for most all my work. But I've always used Lincoln rods just liked them better. Can't remember price now but that seems like about 1/2 price from what I was paying.... Lincoln was never cheap but they are good. If I remember Correct I'm paying around $2.27 lb for Hobart dual shield wire. <br />
    They don't sell dual shield wire do they? <br />
    Thx

Comment

Originally posted by gnforge View Post
      Wow... it's been awhile since bought rods cause I'm running wire feeder in field for most all my work. But I've always used Lincoln rods just liked them better. Can't remember price now but that seems like about 1/2 price from what I was paying.... Lincoln was never cheap but they are good. If I remember Correct I'm paying around $2.27 lb for Hobart dual shield wire. <br />
      Thx

No, even if they did, the excellent pricing is only on those 50lb tins of SMAW rods. Everything else is in-line with pricing at other places, including other HDs.
      HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
      HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
      HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
      HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
      HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
      HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

If I remember Correct I'm paying around $2.27 lb for Hobart dual shield wire. <br />
        Thx
        Thats just a few cents a lb cheaper than we charge for the Hobart Triple 7...Bob
        Bob Wright

Comment

Wow... it's been awhile since bought rods cause I'm running wire feeder in field for most all my work.
          Except for the pipe welders, every shop i have been at in the last 6 years is running dual shield. Seems like no one stick welds anymore. Even the Stainless jobs are dual shield...Bob
          Bob Wright

Comment

Working...
          X