Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I like meatloaf. Both the entree and the music guy. But probably the meal more. I don't care for that sticky ketchup frosting though.

Leave a comment:

• Ltbadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Olivero View Post
    Another shot, fully loaded with meatloaf.
    yummy! uh maybe not

Leave a comment:

• Olivero
    replied
    Another shot, fully loaded with meatloaf.

Leave a comment:

• Olivero
    replied
    Here are some pictures.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    This ain't Burger King here boys.

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    I like mine double meat with extra mustard, so it should hold a few less for me.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    I got it....<br />
    <br />
    372 cheese burgers per rack. <br />
    <br />
    That's the official tensile strength of your doofloppy there. But thats only one slice of cheese and hold the mustard.
    ​I like my burgers without cheese so I guess it will hold a few more...Bob

Leave a comment:

• Olivero
    replied
    Hahaha, sounds good to me.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I got it....<br />
    <br />
    372 cheese burgers per rack. <br />
    <br />
    That's the official tensile strength of your doofloppy there. But thats only one slice of cheese and hold the mustard.

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    Haha, great answer thanks Oscar. How about a drawing?

Does that work for you?
    Nope, I'm not an engineer so I wont pretend to know how to derive the equations for something like that. They don't appear out of thin air, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Olivero
    replied
    Haha, great answer thanks Oscar. How about a drawing?

Does that work for you?

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    I'm sure someone can get you a ballpark figure. I'd help you out if I could, but I'm not an engineer. If you can find the equations for your specific structure and specify all parameters, I can handle the math no problem. I'll leave it up to you.

Leave a comment:

• Olivero
    replied
    Got it.

But not even a ballpark figure, it does not need to be 100% exact. Above 100,200,300,400,500 pounds. Either way, its been in use for a week fully loaded, rolling etc. And so far everything is still fine so my worries may be just for nothing.

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    I am just wanting to know what the filler rod is capable of carrying or a ball park figure so I can safely assume and state to the customer that this shelf can hold "Number" amount of weight.
    The problem is that it just isn't that simple. The geometric stiffness of a structure doesn't just depend on the filler metal. It is a monumental task to calculate things like this ahead-of-time because then it also depends on load-distribution. Unless you know an engineer that has access to FEA stress-modeling software, you're gonna have to seek the advice of someone who builds things like this for a living, day-in, day-out.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Some plywood cut to the rack size loaded with bricks and you can figure how much it will hold...Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X