Clear All

• duaneb55
    replied
    Sent you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hgoody77
    replied
    Originally posted by ccawgc View Post
    where is your voltage select pointed? has to be pointed at a number and in the detent.
    Mine doesn't have detents.

Leave a comment:

• Hgoody77
    replied
    My model and serial number. And the board.

Leave a comment:

• Hgoody77
    replied
    Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
    Did Miller give you any voltage checks to make for transformer T1 input and output? Output rectifier SR1 diode checks?

No T1 or SR1 output and there will be no DC power to wire drive motor circuit.
    They made no mention of any other checks. How can I check those?

Leave a comment:

• Hgoody77
    replied
    Well I don't guess this msg board sends me emails on replies. I just got my board relays changed. CR1 CR2 CR3. Same issues.
    Turn welder on. Fan comes on. Green light is on the circuit board. Press the gun trigger and it feels like CR1 clicks and the red led lights up. Still no arc and no wire feed.
    No fuses on my board. I do have a circuit breaker on the back of the welder.
    I'm at a loss. Hate to spend 250$ on a board if I have a different issue than the board.
    I'm so disgusted with this welder, it's only done light work in my home shop. My shop is insulated so it's not like I've had a moisture issue or anything. This thing has probably only had three spools of wire through it. If not just two.

Any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Bunner
    replied
    I've had another chance to look at this, so the relay is definitely clicking when the button is pressed with nothing happening. I see what looks like a contactor behind the fan and it is not doing anything after the relay is pressed, any idea if this is supposed to move and if so what could be causing this issue?

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    Originally posted by Hgoody77 View Post
    I hear the relay and see the red led light.
    With relay CR1 to the left and its red LED below it, is there a green LED that is lit along the lower edge of the board toward the right end?

If no green LED, there is a problem with the 15VDC board power supply.

Edit: Although, if you didn't have board 15VDC it appears you wouldn't have any CR1 activation but check for that green LED just the same.
    Last edited by duaneb55; 08-29-2016, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    Originally posted by Hgoody77 View Post
    Well, my reply from miller.
    They willnot send me the board schematics because they still make the boards.
    But... They said they are very confident that replacing the three relays will solve my issue.
    I will for sure post a reply when i get this done. It won't be soon. But i will reply.
    Did Miller give you any voltage checks to make for transformer T1 input and output? Output rectifier SR1 diode checks?

No T1 or SR1 output and there will be no DC power to wire drive motor circuit.

Leave a comment:

• Bunner
    replied
    I've tried moving the selector switch around with no change

Leave a comment:

• ccawgc
    replied
    where is your voltage select pointed? has to be pointed at a number and in the detent.

Leave a comment:

• Bunner
    replied
    Checked the fuse with the meter and the continuity is good. Any other ideas of what could be the issue?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Miller Kevin
    replied
    Bunner, pop 1 end of the fuse out of the holder and check it with meter or continuity light. I have seen these fuses fail down inside the end caps and visually they look fine. Also make sure your tap selector switch is not in between ranges,

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Bunner
    replied
    The fuse on the board looks good

Leave a comment:

• Bunner
    replied
    When I push the button on the whip you can hear the relay clicking inside the unit however there is no wire feed, no gas and can't strike an arc.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Bunner your welder model has a fuse inside, might check it also...Bob https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow...uals/O1318.pdf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X